Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLVD Surfboard offer

Options
  • 06-06-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Can anyone please tell me is this good value?

BLVD Surf Offer

Atlantek Epoxy Board
    Wetsuit 3mm
    Wax and Leash and Bag

499 euros.

No idea about value here,

Mahalo

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I never heard of these boards or suits before.
    A 3mm suit has no value for me as it is only good for the Summer.
    I would imagine that there are way better deals out there if you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

cue wrote: »
    I never heard of these boards or suits before.
    A 3mm suit has no value for me as it is only good for the Summer.
    I would imagine that there are way better deals out there if you look.

Never heard of either make before either. Plus as cue pointed out you'll freeze your arse off in the water about 3/4 or more of the year in a 3mm suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Thats not a great deal to be honest, but if someone is going for it, they do say any size, so you could grab their 8'4" epoxy and get a little better value. The fuse wetsuit is a generic summer suit, just a little better than what lidl will be offering.

The wetsuits are summer suits, so be aware that you're probably not going to last past October in them, certainly not without booties.

The boards look like generic chinese imports, but hey they would do the job the same as any beginner circle one or what have you.

To be honest, nobody should be buying surfboards in shops in Dublin.
    The prices are usually a good bit higher than the good shops in the big surf towns. The two big shops in Bundoran are especially good value because they compete with each other. Tubes in cork and the shops in Lahinch are good enough value too. Also, the lads in the surf shops in the towns along the atlantic coast will sort you out much better.
    They will give you discounts, proper advice (because they actually surf themselves), and half them will let you tag along on a lesson or something with a demo board or two on the sly.

Bundoran surf co are a stand up bunch of real surfers, who will give proper discounts, better than that BLVD one. The more you get, the better the discount. See if any mates need new gear and bring them along. If you have a few mates, phone + ask them if you go up for the weekend, stay in their hostel, get a lesson with them, and then get a board+kit would they go easy on you. :)
    More than likely they will have a second hand version of the board you want, which you can take out on the water before you buy.
    http://www.bundoransurfco.com/SurfShop/BoardsStarter.asp << offers here, they might let you off a wee bit if you're staying with them.

In effort of fairness, down the road, surf world usually have a good few second hand boards, I picked up an 8 foot something bic in good nick for €150 the other week for the missus (or when I don't want to risk my glass longboard on something ;))
    Exact same as a new board, just dirtier, and I have no qualms in throwing a kettle over a bic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Pemba

Thanks for that Fuzzy, really appreciate it. Friend keeps getting at me to go in on a deal with him in this place, heading to Biarittz next month so I either hold off or else get up to Bundoran before I head.

thanks lads, I'll let ya know what I end up with!

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I got my wetsuit from kingofwatersports.com a few weeks ago,
    and I just ordered a board from them yesterday.

You could get a Billabong Foil 3/2 wetsuit (not sure if its GBS or flatlock) for 92e and a bic 7' 9" for 288e.

Thats a good wetsuit and board (opinions differ on whether or not Bic boards are good but they seem fairly popular for beginners, its what I ordered) for 380e.

Its not a package deal so you can go with whatever suit/board combo you like and it would still be better value than the offer in the link (imo).

When you order a board from them you get a bag/leash aswell.

usual disclaimer: no affiliation with the site, just a satisfied customer.

to save a couple of more euro use the code: king1 when ordering, but only do it on the order for the wetsuit, itl get you 10% off.
    Order the surfboard separately cos the code wont work with surfboards.

</Advertisment> ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement