Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frame size

Options
  • 07-06-2008 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi guys im 5.9 height just wondering what frame size would suit somebody my size

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

domonick wrote: »
    hi guys im 5.9 height just wondering what frame size would suit somebody my size

Depends on type of bike, and inside leg length. For a road bike, 52-54cm should be average. wiggle.co.uk and a number of other sites have frame sizers where you can input your size and see what frame would suit you best.

Also, some people prefer to go a size larger or smaller than would be optimal, for comfort reasons (I personally like going slightly small)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

thanks for the reply the bike i was looking at is 19 inch frame second hand but in good condition my inside leg is 30 inch and as i said im 5.9 does that sound about right ?

thanks for the reply the bike i was looking at is 19 inch frame second hand but in good condition my inside leg is 30 inch and as i said im 5.9 does that sound about right ?

It sounds ok really, but you want to try it out to be sure

tried it out yesterday feels ok but its my first road bike so just want to be sure about size ,when cycling should your legs be at full stretch ?

tried it out yesterday feels ok but its my first road bike so just want to be sure about size ,when cycling should your legs be at full stretch ?

Pretty much. You really want to have to get out of the saddle when you stop.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sitting on saddle your heel on pedal, leg should be pretty much locked out. This means when ball of foot is on pedal you have a little bit of room so aren't locking your knees on every pedal stroke..

thanks for all the advice guys im looking forward to getting on the bike i've had my fill of sitting in traffic

Advertisement