Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you use this website when the Leaving Cert is finished?

Options
  • 07-06-2008 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Everyday this section gets more and more activity and new posters and i was just wondering if these people will sick around, or just using it for some LC discussion and tips. Im not saying that its bad, just wondering.

Myself, ive been here 2 years and have 1000+ posts, i just pop in to the LC section to give my opinion as i generally stick to football and games.

But what about you? Are you a boardsie? Or are you just looking for tips?

Will you use Boards.ie after the Leaving Cert? 60 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 60 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nyangnyang

after the 17th of june you won't see posting on this site anymore;):cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm new and I quite like it. I'll probably lurk around the music section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I stopped using the Junior Cert board after my Junior Cert. When the time comes, I probably won't come to the Leaving Cert board anymore either.

I'm not going to stop using boards.ie altogether though. I didn't join because of the JC board. I shall continue to post useless crap for years to come hopefully.

Especially in After Hours. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 RA253195370HK

18th for me, got construction to do yet. my 2nd last exam if French next Wednesday so ive got a whole week to wait for the last one which is annoying!

But yeah im just here for the LC chat, I read some other stuff on the forum now and again, it always seems to come up on google searches but now that im registered(albeit with a very random username!) I might post now and again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Come for the *!<.:IRISH PAPERS LEAKED OMG:.>!*, stay for the 100s of other forums. :)

I first came here during the junior cert and stuck around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I've been using this site for a while. I still look at the junior cert board because I moderate it (duh), but I don't tend to post on it. I'll probably linger around this board for a while after the exams, to dispense information if I have any. Then I'll move on somewhere else. I'll still be on boards, though. Angrily being a robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I'll definately stay on boards. If all goes well these few weeks i'll be posting in the TCD forum tho... woo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Sure! Seeing as I'm pretty sure I'll be repeating. 19 years old... I'll be getting the pension before I leave this bloody school...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

course ,only joined a month ago and I no intention of joining for this forum really enjoy boards on whole the songwriting , PI and other forums of gen.interest and those just on for this are missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Everyday this section gets more and more activity and new posters and i was just wondering if these people will sick around, or just using it for some LC discussion and tips. Im not saying that its bad, just wondering.

Myself, ive been here 2 years and have 1000+ posts, i just pop in to the LC section to give my opinion as i generally stick to football and games.

But what about you? Are you a boardsie? Or are you just looking for tips?
    February 2007 wasn't two years ago... are you saying you used the site for a while before you joined?

Anyway I use this site for a lot more than the leaving cert forum but ya its been all ive focused on for the last month or so. I'm sure after the LC my wont be as active for a while though.
    Been on the site 3 years though and theres no sign of me leaving anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I'll more than likely use the TCD board (presuming I get into my course) or else the DCU board if I don't get my number 1 choice.

I'll probably post in the LC forum if people are asking questions about exams that I know the answers to, like what happens and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Yes, I'll probably use the NUIM board, and I post on the Christianity section now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Yes but i've been an infrequent user for a number of years now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Well - I may come back next year and laugh it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

might go to one of the uni fourms

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

just joined to use the LC boards for advice but started going through the others. car one especially. wont be in the lc room after the 17th but will stay on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

we al gotta post in august tho and tel every1 wat we got:D
    i say il use it after the leaving:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You mean there are other forums?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I joined a few years ago. Can't remember why...probably something to do with school though. I don't really post much. Just pop in and out of threads. Yeah, I'll still visit after the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

I'll have a look around other sections here, but probably won't be back to here, I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

i don't know, i like here, i donno why :p,
    well i still have an year to go, i say i 'd be here until next sep...ish,
    after that..um, maybe
    =)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Last year the place exploded in terms of activity before the mocks and the actual thing, as it did this year, though there was more consistant activity throughout the year overall.

Most posters won't stay on, and if they do, chances are you won't see them posting here again. In fact, you might never see them post again because their interests are completely different to yours.

I miss all the guys from last year, where did you all go guys???

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I hope to stick around and contribute nonsensical unfunny posts after the exams. At least till the "Lets count to a million" thread is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

A few of us will have to liven up the DCU forum It seems a bit dead.
    But yeah, I'll still use it, not at the rate I am now tho.

Twee. wrote: »
    I'll probably lurk around the music section.

Me toooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well in terms of the education section of the website, ive been using the UCC forum for a while but its so dead like. Were talking about 8 or so posts a week in there.
    Compare that to the UL board which gets loads.

Where are the UCC students hiding out.

Advertisement