Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google news and the "yes" vote

Options
  • 07-06-2008 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Every day for the last few weeks this is your typical headline.
    google

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

conceited wrote: »
    Every day for the last few weeks this is your typical headline.
    google

You do realise that's not a permanent link? No one will have seen the same thing as you.

I have noticed this actually. Google news does seem in favour of "yes" stories.

Conspiracy theorists away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I have also noticed the Yes side has been favoured on google news. I'm not sure what algorithm is used to prioritise stories, but if any stories were given priority - I wouldn't think it's on googles behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Well almost all the establishment backs the treaty, the only reason the no camp is featuring in so much of the press here is because under Irish law both sides of the debate have get an equal hearing in the media. Those laws don't apply to international media hence they would show the opinion of the majority of the establishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I think you'll find the media here can be very biased (RTE) when required.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hmmm, weird

Results 1 - 10 of about 836 for lisbon yes
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,831 for lisbon no

• Advertisement
Advertisement