Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i get an exemption for irish...JEALOUS??

Options
  • 07-06-2008 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

its ridiculous how much less stress im under cuz of this...

the fact that i get a 6 day break between french and accounting and economics only makes things better :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

so whats the story with points? do you only do 6 subjects and therefore cant leave out the worst one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

No, because I don't have a learning disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What,I'm confused COCK=PurpleFistMixer/PurpleFistMixer=COCK:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

No, that's my reason for not being jealous.

Anyway, I love Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

i got the exemption cuz i moved to ireland after i was 11

i do applied maths to compensate

its not the lessened workload its the horribly clustered schedule for monday tuesday wednesday next week that i dont have to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Not really jealous, no. Most of us have been learning Irish since the age of 4 or so so we've a pretty good command of the language. Of course if you were learning Irish for only six years you'd be under tremendous pressure.

No, that's my reason for not being jealous.

Anyway, I love Irish.
    Ah,get ya!
    i got the exemption cuz i moved to ireland after i was 11

i do applied maths to compensate

its not the lessened workload its the horribly clustered schedule for monday tuesday wednesday next week that i dont have to deal with

Have to love the way you point out it's Applied Maths your doing, not just an extra subject!:rolleyes:

Twee. wrote: »
    Not really jealous, no. Most of us have been learning Irish since the age of 4 or so so we've a pretty good command of the language. Of course if you were learning Irish for only six years you'd be under tremendous pressure.
    Not always true,there was a Russian girl in the year after me who had only been here 6 years and got an A1(H) in Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I love irish
    so no not at all:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Not always true,there was a Russian girl in the year after me who had only been here 6 years and got an A1(H) in Irish!

Well obviously if you're willing to work you can achieve whatever you like, adn that is quite an achievement (O-Leveller myself).
    It's just this poster is rubbling it that they're not doing Irish, but they don't have to do Irish as they came after the age of 11, so it's not exactly some amazing exemption.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lorcandonnelly

not jealous at all. just think youre a stupid twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I dont mind doing Irish. I think the exam is being made easier so now there is a realistic chance of me getting a good grade. Some of the older exam papers are impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

A girl in my year moved here from South Africa a few years ago and is aiming for an A in higher Irish....and probably will get it!

I'm repeating and don't have to do Irish or maths. Did ordinary level in both last year. I have 6 subject so I left them out this year so I could focus on my Higher subjects. Great to have 4 exams off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

No, because I don't have a learning disability.

haha nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

JEALOUS?? , i don't see your point really -_- are you here to make other people jealous?...:rolleyes:

um , actually i am the same as you, and all my mates are going on about how lucky I am ..but i actually wish i did irish ..:o but i couldn't tho!! i was there learing english and french and the same time when i moved , not bright enuff to do irish at the same time ... anyway good luck with the exams !!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Me and two of my very good friends all have exemptions... Im so lucky I suppose. (All three of us lived abroad, in Portugal, Asia and England, no learning disabilities. In fact Id say we'd probably be able to handle the subject).

I know Ill miss the fact that I didnt ever do Irish, but I dont care this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

no not jealous...im finished on the 11th and you have to wait another week - JEALOUS?
    not jealous at all. just think youre a stupid twat.

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

tdc wrote: »
    no not jealous...im finished on the 11th

How did you manage that?

Im guessing... English, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, Irish, French, History are your subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

How did you manage that?

Im guessing... English, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, Irish, French, History are your subjects?

english, maths, irish, french, business, history, geography. handy enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 blueepurple

to be honest I am jealous!
    I really like Irish, love the language,listening and speaking it, but i find the course pretty tough and it isnt I subject I would have chosen for points!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the exemption was fine considering i dont have a knack for learning languages. And of course I never learned Irish as a youth.

in the JC they give you the free class but by LC they make you take up a 7th class (in our case it was Geography)

whatever way they scheduled it in 06 I was done by the 11th as well. I enjoyed that way better than the way it was in 05 when I had to wait till the 20-somethingth :(

Advertisement