Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to British F1 GP ?

• 07-06-2008 6:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Not this year, but I'm thinking about going next year with some friends for the weekend.

However, I've no idea where to start for tickets, accomodation or even an idea of price :/

Has anyone gone before? Is it worth going? Any helpful info?

It's just an idea I'm floating out there atm but I would consider going one year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

http://www.britishgp.co.uk/

Haven't managed to get there myself but always meant to.
    2009 may be the last so I better get the finger out.:)
    I'd really prefer Monaco, Spa or Canada though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ty kaizer.

Yeah I'd rather a different course myself but given it's just over the water I was thinking handiness for the first time.

Spent a day in Monaco around new years gone by there...wow. I can only imagine F1 weekend!

It was cheaper for me to Indianapolis than it was to hop across to the UK. That was a while ago though.

I'd really looking into Spa or even Catalyuna if you want handiness.....maybe we should form a UL Karting society and then fund a group trip (Me + you) with the membership fee. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The Sunday is sold out now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

kaimera wrote: »
    Yeah I'd rather a different course myself but given it's just over the water I was thinking handiness for the first time.

Spent a day in Monaco around new years gone by there...wow. I can only imagine F1 weekend!

Monaco is unreal on race weekend, I stayed about 10 minutes on a train outside Monaco, it was ideal.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'd really looking into Spa or even Catalyuna if you want handiness.....maybe we should form a UL Karting society and then fund a group trip (Me + you) with the membership fee. :D

I fully agree with Moonbaby, Spa is a v handy race to go to. Though if you stay in Brussels you are at least 2 hours from the track. There are many places nearer to stay and camping is also a good option at Spa.

Monza is also another handy one, its all very well organised from Milan, as in free trains and buses to circuit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement