Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hiromi has a new album, Beyond Standard

• 07-06-2008 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.hiromiuehara.com/

It's not out here yet until June 30th, but I've already ordered it through Amazon, there's a few people there doing import copies. Cannot wait! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Mate of mine bought it when we saw her in the Hague a few weeks ago, got it signed and everything; she's really hot in person! As for the album; its pretty damn good, they're all covers, as the album suggest but naturally with that added fusion twist! Been meaning to get more of her stuff, any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Been meaning to get more of her stuff, any recommendations?

Quite honestly, any one of her albums is nothing but fried gold, you really cannot go wrong at all, but if I had to pick favourites I would say either Time Control or Spiral. They're quite different, but supremely good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Mate of mine bought it when we saw her in the Hague a few weeks ago, got it signed and everything; she's really hot in person! As for the album; its pretty damn good, they're all covers, as the album suggest but naturally with that added fusion twist! Been meaning to get more of her stuff, any recommendations?
    I expected as much from the title, but I think that's a definite mark of interest - what the hell is she going to do to those old tunes?! I'm very curious about this one alright, has anyone got a tracklist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Daddio wrote: »
    I expected as much from the title, but I think that's a definite mark of interest - what the hell is she going to do to those old tunes?! I'm very curious about this one alright, has anyone got a tracklist?

Pretty much the same as what everyone does these days. Modern reinterpretations so that tempos, rhythms etc. are all altered somewhat. To be honest the only track i can really remember is caravan which is a pretty cool version, heading up to my mates for a jam tomorrow so i'll be sure to get it off him if i can and maybe review it properly later in the week.

Just got the track list off amg

Composer
    Time

1 Intro: Softly As in Morning Sunrise 0:28
    Composed by:
    Performed by: Hiromi's Sonicbloom

2 Softly As in a Morning Sunrise Hammerstein, Romberg 7:29
    Composed by: Hammerstein, Romberg

3 Clair de Lune Debussy 7:25
    Composed by: Debussy

4 Caravan Ellington, Tizol 8:49
    Composed by: Ellington, Tizol

5 Ue Wo Muite Aruko Nakamura 8:42
    Composed by: Nakamura

6 My Favorite Things Hammerstein, Rodgers 7:48
    Composed by: Hammerstein, Rodgers

7 Led Boots Middleton 6:33
    Composed by: Middleton

8 Xyg Uehara 6:32
    Composed by: Uehara

9 I've Got Rhythm Gershwin 5:51
    Composed by: Gershwin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Interesting, clair de lune eh?

I've never bought a Hiromi album actually (sorry Karl :p), but I've seen her live a few years ago. Maybe a might purchase this one...

• Advertisement
Advertisement