Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Or Death Question!

Options
  • 07-06-2008 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Im sorry that title is a bit of an exaggeration but if it gets your attention I'll be happy

What are people learning for honours Irish essay?

Im praying to God for Health but what are you all learning?

PLEASE HELP as Im rather ****ed for this :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Im learing this kind of story thing was can be used for titles like Dioma Bron ect. Im going to look over my oral notes on the health system as well just in case. If worse come to worse I suppose Ill have to write an essay on the fly.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm cutting it down, I simply can't learn all the things I'd like to over the next two days! Going to go with Health, a bit on Drugs/Drink social problems, a bit on Sport and maybe a bit on technology. Health is the only one I'll be covering in real depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 NanoZoom555

ive learnt a story that im hoping ill be able to fit into whatever mothuchain or seanfhocal that comes up.i just really hope i know what the titles mean on the day!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

So health it is???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 H-esperanza

I'm going with health system, sport and some general points about alcohol,drugs and the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

im not makin this up.ive already posted it but noone took any notice

our old principal, tipped off our current principal about a certain irish essay. she checked it out with a few other principals in a few other schools and they all agreed

- ta dualgas orainn an gaeilge a chamhru

she wrote out a 5 page essay for every honours student to learn, including her own son in my class...
    so im pretty sure its coming up....

ta dualgas orainn an gaeilge a chamhru

What does that mean?

I can only do the essays in section A cause our teacher said we wouldn be able to write for section b?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Cluiche Olimpeacha

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

its about how irish is declining as a spoken language and how its our duty as irish people to save it

Haven a notion on what to write for it

Whats the difference with aiste and scéal? All my essays are for aiste, but just say Corás Sláinte came up in scéal whats the difference with what I would write for it in scéal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 guapa

Bambi16 wrote: »
    Im sorry that title is a bit of an exaggeration but if it gets your attention I'll be happy

What are people learning for honours Irish essay?

Im praying to God for Health but what are you all learning?

PLEASE HELP as Im rather ****ed for this :p

otay do ye realise that you can write about anythin and still get a b because 80% goes for the irish and it doesnt matter what you speak about and 20% goes for the actual relation to the topic!
    in my pre i wrote about the 3rd world when i was meant 2 b writin abou health nd i got a b1 in my essay nd i got an A overall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

guapa wrote: »
    otay do ye realise that you can write about anythin and still get a b because 80% goes for the irish and it doesnt matter what you speak about and 20% goes for the actual relation to the topic!
    in my pre i wrote about the 3rd world when i was meant 2 b writin abou health nd i got a b1 in my essay nd i got an A overall!

eh but if the examiner knows that you done it on purpose the max marks ya will prob get will be like 40.....

Thats a bit unfair cause in my mocks I did an essay on Olympics-drugs and money. I spoke bout drugs aspect not the money side so i only got 71%

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bambi16 wrote: »
    Haven a notion on what to write for it

Whats the difference with aiste and scéal? All my essays are for aiste, but just say Corás Sláinte came up in scéal whats the difference with what I would write for it in scéal?

The sceal is a story, like a narrative I suppose. If Coras Slainte came up in sceal (and I don't know if it would) you would write a story to do with the title. As in, "One day John and Mary were in the hospital......"

I've probably confused you more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 guapa

betsymagoo wrote: »
    eh but if the examiner knows that you done it on purpose the max marks ya will prob get will be like 40.....
    not necessarily. . people hav been doing it for years lik if your irish is good you'll get the marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

not necessarily. . people hav been doing it for years lik if your irish is good you'll get the marks

ok i dont have a clue who ya are but i love ya...... well im gonna chance my leg at that..... i have learned a essay on drugs of by heart...... so fingers crossed......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EimearNíS

Aw...jeez...are ye serious?? An Córas Sláinte??!! Or else "Stádas na Gaeilge"?? OUCH...:( Fair play to that person who doesn't care what they're writing!!... Careful tho...heard someone got marked out of 40 in grammar for mininterpreting the title... Dhera...it'll be grand anyways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

"Bochtaineacht i dul in olcas"
    Someguy in my class thought it meant it related to drink.

Wrote an essay on alcohol. :P = 20% for Irish XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I refuse to believe the people setting the marking scheme are that stupid. Like in French if you score less than 50% for content, the max you can get for language is 50%.. or something to that effect. I'm sure there's something similiar in Irish. There certainly should be.

Advertisement