Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official forum access problems?

Options
  • 07-06-2008 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

I can't log in to the forums! They won't accept my user name or password, even though the details are definitely correct and where set up within my funcom account yesterday. Then when I enter my email address to reset the password, it tells me the email address isn't one they recognise on their system - even though it is the same email address I used to register for the game in the first place. It then prompts me to contact an administrator, but when I click to do that it tells me the administrator has disabled email contact! Aaargh.

Anyone else have forum access problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Branoic wrote: »
    I can't log in to the forums! They won't accept my user name or password, even though the details are definitely correct and where set up within my funcom account yesterday. Then when I enter my email address to reset the password, it tells me the email address isn't one they recognise on their system - even though it is the same email address I used to register for the game in the first place. It then prompts me to contact an administrator, but when I click to do that it tells me the administrator has disabled email contact! Aaargh.

Anyone else have forum access problems?

Yep, exact same problem. Won't recognise my username/password, and doesn't accept my email address as valid. But the forums are full of whiny assholes so I don't care. Anything important that comes up I just google cache. it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

But the forums are full of whiny assholes so I don't care.

indeed , if i wasn't playing AOC I'd think it was a bad game or something with all the bull**** on those forums. There just seems to be a vocal minority of incredibly picky players who've nothing better to do but bitch on the forums rather then play the feckin game.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    indeed , if i wasn't playing AOC I'd think it was a bad game or something with all the bull**** on those forums. There just seems to be a vocal minority of incredibly picky players who've nothing better to do but bitch on the forums rather then play the feckin game.

Welcome to the WOW/Eve/Lotro forums. Please take your ticket and we will get to your nerf/whine/txt speak straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

When you register your funcom account did you go the forum account option and set your password? I had expected it to automatically just use my funcom account but no, you need to set the forum password seperatly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jason Parmele

Art is right. I had the same problem the OP had.

In your NOFuncom account: http://register.ageofconan.com

Go to "Create or Update my Forum Login" and retype the password you used creating the account to begin with (or make a new one).

• Advertisement

Art is right. I had the same problem the OP had.

In your NOFuncom account: http://register.ageofconan.com

Go to "Create or Update my Forum Login" and retype the password you used creating the account to begin with (or make a new one).

Did that at the very start. Changed it twice. Still no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yes, I also set up my forum login at the very start - didn't make any difference. Still can't access them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jason Parmele

To anyone following my steps...you must create a login at the actual forums first. Then type the info into your Funcom account. I don't know if it's possible to just put the info into your Funcom account and then try to go to the forums.

I don't know if the statement is 100% true, but it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I dunno about creating a log in on the actual forum site itself - there doesn't seem to be any options to create accounts on that page - only log in.

Anyway, doesn't affect me any more, I can apparently log in to them today. Huzzah!

Advertisement