Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Question:- Re: Aural

Options
  • 07-06-2008 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if I'll have time to do the following & looking for your opinions.

I've terrible handwriting & spelling under pressure, so while I'm listening to the transcripts, I've planned on scribbling them down in pencil & then when I have the answers, to write them out quickly again in pen & rub out the pencil scribbles.

Would I have time to do this, do you think?
    Do you know if you have much time, if any, at the end of the exam, i.e. when the tape last plays & the papers are collected of you?

Also, my teacher has said, the when we 1st receive the papers, that even if we're told not to, I should turn my answer booklet over anyway & start going through the questions so I've time to figure out what's been asked.

What have ye been told about that? Should the superintendents have a prob with that or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Anyone??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

As far as I know, once the tape gets to the end you hand up your answers.

Like the supervisor will probably give everyone a minute just to finish writing any answers or whatever, but I don't think you'd have enough time to do that.

But there's time after every section....so you might be able to do it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

There's really long pauses on the tape in between each section, so you should have time to write it in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

You'd have time, but why bother? I'd say do it all in pen and if you need to change answers at the end just cross if off. It's not a test of your neatness. Pencils are very noisy when writing, I hate other people using them during the listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mebabyme

Also, my teacher has said, the when we 1st receive the papers, that even if we're told not to, I should turn my answer booklet over anyway & start going through the questions so I've time to figure out what's been asked.

What have ye been told about that? Should the superintendents have a prob with that or what?

i plan on doing that anyway . .its worth the "risk" . . .and if the the examiner twitches . .bat the eyelids and apologise ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement