Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

caught cheating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

One thing to do is pull out a few middle pages of an exam booklet one of the days you're in. When at home write out whatever answers or notes help you. Tuck them into your underwear before the exam. When in there, pick up you actual booklet and manage to slip the sheet against it, copy out all notes into the fresh booklet. Don't even need to worry about the notes being seen as long as you keep it tucked into your booklet til the last minute, because it'll just look like part of the paper.

Lot of hassle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

BJC wrote: »
    One thing to do is pull out a few middle pages of an exam booklet one of the days you're in. When at home write out whatever answers or notes help you. Tuck them into your underwear before the exam. When in there, pick up you actual booklet and manage to slip the sheet against it, copy out all notes into the fresh booklet. Don't even need to worry about the notes being seen as long as you keep it tucked into your booklet til the last minute, because it'll just look like part of the paper.

Lot of hassle though.

You're not allowed take out pieces of paper from the answer booklet though, so if you get seen doing that then you'll be in trouble.

DUring English Paper 2 I wrote out a few points on the actual test beside a question I was doing, just so I'd be aware of what I was going to say in my answer....and the supervisor came over to me and saw it and she told me that we aren't allowed write on the test :S and so she made me cover up what I wrote with my answer book for some reason, so I couldn't look at what I wrote down.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

If you cheat in the leaving cert they hang you from the arches at Trinity and bury you in a British flag.

Your family are deported and stripped of any Gaelige in their names.

Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

cult wrote: »
    if You Cheat In The Leaving Cert They Hang You From The Arches At Trinity And Bury You In A British Flag.

Your Family Are Deported And Stripped Of Any Gaelige In Their Names.

Fact.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

There's a serious foot fetish going on in this thread......Why the obsession with shoes??

Would it not be easier to just put the notes in your pocket???

No-one is going to be searched.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Mark200 wrote: »
    You're not allowed take out pieces of paper from the answer booklet though, so if you get seen doing that then you'll be in trouble.

DUring English Paper 2 I wrote out a few points on the actual test beside a question I was doing, just so I'd be aware of what I was going to say in my answer....and the supervisor came over to me and saw it and she told me that we aren't allowed write on the test :S and so she made me cover up what I wrote with my answer book for some reason, so I couldn't look at what I wrote down.

That's crazy! As soon as my examiner hands me my booklet I start feverishly scribbling down notes and structure that I looked at before the exam, especially any formulae for maths that I can remember. And this is like 5 minutes before the exam. I guess it depends on your examiner, mine is sound as a euro.

Also I left with lots of loose sheets yesterday because my exam booklet fell apart at the start of the exam. I had to use a different booklet and the examiner had no problems with me leaving with the gammy booklet, or the exam paper itself an hour before it was over which you're never supposed to do apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Its really easy to cheat to be honest, but I havent myself and I dont intend to.

Notes in your shoes, go to bathroom (attendents arent allowed in after you), go into a cublicle and take notes out of your shoes.

Though considering the amount of work I've put in it would piss me off to think someone could score just as well by doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

1huge1 wrote: »
    Its really easy to cheat to be honest, but I havent myself and I dont intend to.

Notes in your shoes, go to bathroom (attendents arent allowed in after you), go into a cublicle and take notes out of your shoes.

Though considering the amount of work I've put in it would piss me off to think someone could score just as well by doing this.

Agreed I hope everyone thats cheats get caught. Thay are cheating honest students out of college places. I hope someone in the State Eaxinations reads this thread, or even the Times, and they take a harder line on cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mr.S wrote: »
    its fairly easy to cheat in any state exam, i mean, no ones looking at you in the toilet

Well obviously... that would be a bit perverse!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,321 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I have to agree; despite the ramifications, its too easy to get away with cheating in the Leaving Cert. They should have a lot more cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Da Bomber wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be class if this came up in the times blogwatch tomorrow morning as we all discuss the various ways of how to cheat sucessfully:D

Lol

jackncoke wrote: »
    Banned from all state exams for like 5 years,possible fine and jail time.

Eh, A lad in my year cheated last year for EVERY exam, got caught on the last one.. and only had that one cancelled.. had enough points without it and is now currently doing commerce in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Way too easy, I did it in Geography, I didn't cheat now but I was bursting for the jacks went into the toilet and realisied I had my Maths notes from earlier in the day in my pocket, if they had of been something for Geo I could have easily stood their for 5 minutes reading it and making sure I knew it. Painful to think that though if you lose out on a college spot that the bloke who gets it could have been cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Eh, A lad in my year cheated last year for EVERY exam, got caught on the last one.. and only had that one cancelled.. had enough points without it and is now currently doing commerce in UCD.

Omg.

I Took That Off My Cao Cause I Didn't Think I'd Get The Points..

And Someone Who Cheated Got A Place On It.. Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If it makes ya feel any better folks, cheaters always get whats coming to them. they usually don't get far in college, and even if they do, they are in for serious shocks when they join the workforce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

darraghc wrote: »
    posted Via Mobile Device

Qia!

I wouldnt bother with writing on paper, rubbers or the like.

If I ever were to cheat (I wouldnt) I'd just write notes on my bodaaay.
    Like my legs or something.. you could fit so much.. I have really long legs. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

darraghc wrote: »
    Posted via Mobile Device

during an exam....? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Peslo

Dont ya only get in deep **** if you're caught cheating???
    Say if they searched ya and found notes in your pocket, they can only take them off ya right? Coz you just "forgot" you left them there of course! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,840 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

you are banned from all state examinations...including your drivers test!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The amount of people going to the toilet is rediculous in my exams. Don't doubt that at least some of them are cheating

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

so funny story
    i lost my phone like 2 days ago after chem...
    and cudn't find it ANYWHERE
    then today i find it in my pencil case
    so that means I had my phone in my pencil case for all my of my maths exam:)
    woops

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Choc123

wat is with all this shoe and jock business,do u guys not have pockets lyk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Choc123 wrote: »

ah ye have to keep it interesting :rolleyes: if someone just said pockets in the first place this thread wouldnt be 4 pages long :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Choc123 wrote: »

And people have yet to mention notes in a bra. I know loads of people who did that.

When I did my LC my sister was in charge of bringing people to the toilet so I could have easily cheated but I didn't want to, nor did I need to.

janeybabe wrote: »
    And people have yet to mention notes in a bra. I know loads of people who did that.

When I did my LC my sister was in charge of bringing people to the toilet so I could have easily cheated but I didn't want to, nor did I need to.
    Ha that wouldn't go down well if you got caught doing that now would it.

Imagine if you were standing up and it all fell out. You could use the excuse that you were just trying to look better, just a coincidence that there maths notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ha that wouldn't go down well if you got caught doing that now would it.

Imagine if you were standing up and it all fell out. You could use the excuse that you were just trying to look better, just a coincidence that there maths notes.

Sob story about being flat chested and feeling insecure and the only thing you could find to stuff down there happened to be your maths notes!

But if you wear a bra that has a little pocket for padding there is no problem.

I wouldn't bother trying it though, I know if I did I'd feel so guilty!

janeybabe wrote: »
    Sob story about being flat chested and feeling insecure and the only thing you could find to stuff down there happened to be your maths notes!

Um anythings possible ;)

Not my area of expertise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I love if they somehow tracked down the people boasting of cheating in this thread and canceled their exams.
    It's really quite unfair to the people who lose out on college places to the people who cheat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

my invigilator spends his time reading the paper and drinking coffee and eating... barely looks up! And he just says we shouldnt have our mobiles on us but we always do and he's deffo not gonna search us!

One of the lads just asked one fella about some stuff in geog and wrote it down on his answerbook before the exam started and supervisor didnt even care!

I'm not bothering cheating I dont need points for my course and its not worth the risk..just 2 honours and one i should have got already and then the next i need is fri week which i'm guaranteed to get *touch wood...*
    Mark200 wrote:
    I did that in English and he didnt care! Youre allowed to!!:confused:

Advertisement