Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

caught cheating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 shabby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGhOYbPgETQ

^ get a rubber band, stretch it out over a book, write all d keywords you need on it, take off book nd place around wrist! when you want to read something just stretch the rubber band on your wrist and the words become visible again! .....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

cheaters will be dealt with quickly and painfully:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 oliviah

Hi

I just wanted to point out that you are not allowed to write on your exam paper, it's in the rules. It's because it's the only paper that doesn't have your exam number on it and in the past students were swaping their exam papers around with notes on them. So technically, you could get in trouble for writing on them.

Examiners also look for papers that have bits torn off the end - it's obvious that notes are passed this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Your seeing the cheat master right here!!!!!!

The only exam I never cheated in was the mocks for JC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

oliviah wrote: »
    Hi

I just wanted to point out that you are not allowed to write on your exam paper, it's in the rules. It's because it's the only paper that doesn't have your exam number on it and in the past students were swaping their exam papers around with notes on them. So technically, you could get in trouble for writing on them.

Examiners also look for papers that have bits torn off the end - it's obvious that notes are passed this way.

What?! I wrote on mine in English... essay plans, poem titles, quotes in case I forgot (i studied mahon before the exam, went to the poetry section and wrote down quotes about him, then did the literary genre) etc and we were even told to highlight/mark out/traslate key words and phrases by our teachers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

shabby wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGhOYbPgETQ

^ get a rubber band, stretch it out over a book, write all d keywords you need on it, take off book nd place around wrist! when you want to read something just stretch the rubber band on your wrist and the words become visible again! .....;)

Points for originality :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I was doing work in the school for the summer while the leaving cert was going on. On the day of Biology someone just left a biology book rolled up in a bag in the toilets. Cheaters these days, no subtlety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

The guy wrote: »
    I was doing work in the school for the summer while the leaving cert was going on. On the day of Biology someone just left a biology book rolled up in a bag in the toilets. Cheaters these days, no subtlety.

was his name on it?! hehhe:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

What?! I wrote on mine in English... essay plans, poem titles, quotes in case I forgot (i studied mahon before the exam, went to the poetry section and wrote down quotes about him, then did the literary genre) etc and we were even told to highlight/mark out/traslate key words and phrases by our teachers.

Yeah analysing the question and actually writing stuff are different things. Highlighting for the purpose of analysing the question or analysing a passage is allowed, but writing out other stuff on the page is not.

just watchin some of those youtube ones and the writing on the inside of bottle label is quite clever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

When I go in and my writing sheet is the only thing on the table, I write at the back, all of my short-term memory stuff for potential use during the exam, worked a treat for English quotes - Is it allowed?

I'm right infront of the examiner BTW so he see's me do it, but says nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Yeah, I think that's okay fivetwenty, I wrote out plans and stuff on the insides of the covers for English.

mattfender wrote: »
    just watchin some of those youtube ones and the writing on the inside of bottle label is quite clever!

Our examiner checks for that:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Our examiner checks for that:eek:
    that really shows the difference between some of the examiners, all mine ever did was check some pencil cases on the 1st day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

mars bar wrote: »
    you are banned from all state examinations...including your drivers test!

You're not banned from doing your driving test.

Here are the official regulations:
    # Where the Commission is of the opinion that any candidate has violated any of these Rules, has attempted to obtain an examination result to which the candidate is not entitled, or has uttered or attempted to utter such a result or has furnished incorrect information in relation to his/her candidature, such candidate shall be liable to be deprived of the examination or of marks, or to have such deduction made as the Commission may think fit from any sum payable in respect of any grant or scholarship obtained by the candidate, according to the opinion which the Commission may form of the gravity of the offence; and the Commission may, if the Commission thinks fit, publish the candidate's name and address, as given in the notice of intention to present for examination, as those of a candidate who has been so deprived and the Commission may, according to the opinion of the Commission as to the gravity of the offence, debar the candidate from entering for any of the examinations run by the State Examinations Commission for such period as the Commission may determine.

As for the comments about writing on exam papers, here are the rules:
    A candidate

1. Shall not write on the examination paper (except where answers are to be written on part of the examination paper itself e.g. in Mathematics) or I.D. card or Mathematics Tables or on any of the mathematical instruments brought with him/her; except where a candidate uses a highlighter pen or underlining as an aid to interpreting the question paper.
    2. Shall not write in his/her answer book anything that is not directly connected with the subject matter of the questions to be answered,
    3. Shall not remove from the answer books any leaf or part of a leaf,
    4. Shall not take out, or attempt to take out, of the examination hall, any answer books, whether used or unused,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Just put your notes in your pocket ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

1huge1 wrote: »
    that really shows the difference between some of the examiners, all mine ever did was check some pencil cases on the 1st day

Now that really shows differences with examiners; mine's never checked bottles, pencil cases, shoes, anything. The only thing he does is say, at the the start of every exam, "Phones are off I presume. Anybody who wishes may put them outside in bags...". On the very first day when they set the ground rules kinda thing, he said bottles of drinks were fine but "no one really likes the sound of a packet of crisps crackling away in an otherwise quiet room, so none of that please"

And I clicked in hoping for a fun story too, btw :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Just put your notes in your pockets (boys&girls) or in your skirts (girls), if the examiner goes to reach and see, just scream "rape". Carry multiple pieces of paper so you can pass off crap such as receipts.

The time planning to cheat.. wouldn't it be easier to just study? It's funny. You're going through the books, looking at questions and you're writing down answers that need to be remembered. Isn't that study? XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Id say I could get away with cheating, but I dont think its worth the risk. Might get you an extra few marks here and there but proberly not even enough to bring you up a grade.

I want to join the gaurds, so definatly wouldnt try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SmellySockies.

For geog on friday I wrote all about a karst landscape on my shirt sleve unlucky for me the pen smudged at it was impossible to read

• Advertisement

Well, to clarify, its not our examiner, ours is sound as a pastille. But Im in a gym and theres multiple exam stations. Im right on the edge of mine (the examiner in the next exam station keeps handing papers to me:D) and the examiner in the next station goes around reading everyones bottles and making sure theyre ok.

He walks like a constipated crab as well...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Is it true that the exam papers for two well known subjects are being sold in certain Dublin pubs in the last couple of weeks? How the hell did people get there hands on these papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Is it true that the exam papers for two well known subjects are being sold in certain Dublin pubs in the last couple of weeks? How the hell did people get there hands on these papers.
    Really doubt it,all the papers were only collected on Tuesday by the examiners,they then had to go straight to the town/area of the school they are examining in and deliver the steal container to the Gaurd station!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

mattfender wrote:
    was his name on it?! hehhe:pac:

Nobody checked, it probably would have been though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

most examiners will simply chuck your exam in the bin and make it look like you didnt sit it

mine doesnt check at all...just walks up and down once thats it... for the rest he's reading the indo...

mattfender wrote: »
    mine doesnt check at all...just walks up and down once thats it... for the rest he's reading the indo...

I'd love it if the Indo published that... and he read it :D

Now that really shows differences with examiners; mine's never checked bottles, pencil cases, shoes, anything. The only thing he does is say, at the the start of every exam, "Phones are off I presume. Anybody who wishes may put them outside in bags...". On the very first day when they set the ground rules kinda thing, he said bottles of drinks were fine but "no one really likes the sound of a packet of crisps crackling away in an otherwise quiet room, so none of that please"

And I clicked in hoping for a fun story too, btw :p
    similiar to mine!:cool:

haha that'd be a face i'd love to see :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

A fella in my exam hall had his earphones in and a phone went off and the examiner didnt even notice we also dont get followed going to the toilet and everyone has their bags at the desks

Advertisement