Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ebay Shipping Centre Programme

Options
  • 07-06-2008 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Dear all,

Firstly I apologise if this is in the wrong forum. I hope somebody can help me. Does anybody know anything about ebay Shipping Centre Programme for shipping cars from UK to Ireland. I recently inquired by e-mail about a car for sale in the UK and the owner wants to release the car this way. She says the car will be shipped
    by eBay (eBay acting as the middle man - holding the payment until I receive and inspect the car). I then have one week inspection period
    and I have the car for inspection and test drive BEFORE
    any money is released to me. These are the steps she reckons:
    1. I will contact them , and I will send your shipping information to eBay to open the transaction.
    2. They will send you a payment invoice for the car (the invoice will be from customer support team) about
    how to make the payment.
    3. The invoice contains all the info about this transaction and you must follow the steps written there to
    complete the deal with me.
    4. After all that will be done, the car will be shipped by eBay, and the car will arrive at your address in
    3 to 5 days..
    5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay to tell them if he is satisfied or not
    6. Ebay will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or to the buyer(in case that
    he is not satisfied).

I was just wondering are these accurate or has anyone used this method before??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's SCAM!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ebay offer no such service, the emails you have recieved are actually from the scammer, not from eBay. Once they have your money, you will never hear from them again. Forward the email to spoof@ebay.co.uk, and they will verify whether or not it came from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Holy Crap! :p

If ebay were offering such a service the world and his wife (if she were on ebay) would be talking about it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Anan1 wrote: »
    It's SCAM!

+1
    Anan1 wrote: »
    Ebay offer no such service, the emails you have recieved are actually from the scammer, not from eBay. Once they have your money, you will never hear from them again. Forward the email to spoof@ebay.co.uk, and they will verify whether or not it came from them.

and +2

Do not entertain any offers that involve third parties handling money or the car, no matter how legitimate they sound at first glance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Alphamale wrote: »
    I recently inquired by e-mail about a car for sale in the UK
    Let me guess.. the car isn't for sale on ebay tho, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Alphamale wrote: »

1. I will contact them , and I will send your shipping information to eBay to open the transaction.

2. They will send you a payment invoice for the car (the invoice will be from customer support team) about how to make the payment.

3. The invoice contains all the info about this transaction and you must follow the steps written there to complete the deal with me.

4. After all that will be done, the car will be shipped by eBay, and the car will arrive at your address in 3 to 5 days..

5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay to tell them if he is satisfied or not

6. Ebay will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or to the buyer(in case that he is not satisfied).
    As I said before, when these scammers learn to use perfect English, we will really have to watch out!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Report this matter to ebay asap

be sure to hold all email you have recd. as it help them to trace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would play it along for a bit and wind them up, don't give out any card details. When you have them on the hook report them and change your Ebay passwords. More than likely these guys are working from an office somewhere in Nigeria. :eek:

snowman707 wrote: »
    Report this matter to ebay asap

be sure to hold all email you have recd. as it help them to trace
    It's nothing to do with ebay. The car isn't for sale on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well of course its to do with ebay - thier name is being used in a scam! :rolleyes:

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

JHMEG wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with ebay. The car isn't for sale on ebay.

Maybe .. Maybe not, but most likely these guys are on e bay as well if so e bay have ways of tracing them , I have reported a matter like this before where I was the unsuscessful underbidder & out the blue got e mail from this guy

E bay traced him & banned him at least for the time being.

mike65 wrote: »
    Well of course its to do with ebay - thier name is being used in a scam! :rolleyes:

Mike
    Well why not tell BMW (or whoever) too, as their name is being used in the scam?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Where is BMW being mentioned?

Anyway - eBay is the company being used to add credability to the scam; and that is why they should be informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

I never understand how people fall for these scams, I've a car up on carzone and I get those scam emails every other day.

Advertisement