Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PoachedFillet of Beef...

• 07-06-2008 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Ok, I’m planning on having a group of about 15 people over for dinner and am thinking about poached fillet of beef for the main.

The plan, brown the beef in a hot pan, then place in a pot of simmering chicken stock and white wine for 6-10minutes. The beef fillet will be separated into three parts, chateaubriand (medium rare), tournedos (rare), end bit (medium).

Well, any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I take it that you will be cutting the fillet into portions before poaching? Your cooking time is appropriate for a 6oz portion of fillet to cook to medium rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Why chicken stock and not beef stock? I'd be reluctant to mix animals in a dish, if you know what I mean, so use beef stock in beef dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ClassicDisaster

well, i would use chicken stock purely because i have home made chicken stock in my freezer. i would rather ot use a stock cube if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

well, i would use chicken stock purely because i have home made chicken stock in my freezer. i would rather ot use a stock cube if possible.

Ah right, that makes sense. I'm with you there.

Advertisement