Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Confirmation Number

Options
  • 07-06-2008 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

I booked a flight with Ryanair a few days ago for the end of July but because I was in a rush I never took down the confirmation number because I presumed that they would send me an e-mail confirmation. Three days later and I still don't have the confirmation number and after talking to some people at work Ryanair apparently don't send out e-mail confirmations which I think is absolutely insane! :eek:

I fired off a few e-mails and tried to call them but so far I've had no success! Has this happened to anybody else and if so how did you solve this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

They do send out confirmation emails.

If you ring the booking department you should be able to get it, sorry I don't have it on me but it's on the website somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

If you booked by credit card the confirmation number will appear on the statement. Ryanair do send out confirmation emails, perhaps u might have mistyped your address or the emails have been blocked (happened to me before)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yep, check your credit card statement. It'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

When did they stop doing this? Whats the idea behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Did you type in the wrong e-meil address?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It is probably down to a clerical error, I once had the same problem with a booking confirmation and it was down to a spelling error on their part. I.e. my e mail adress was xxxxxx@eircon.net. Who ever was sending the confirmation details was too absent minded to spot the error and never notified myself of the booking. It eventually cost me about e10 euros on a permium call rate to rectify the matter. This is another scam that Ryanair pulls to make more money

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It is probably down to a clerical error, I once had the same problem with a booking confirmation and it was down to a spelling error on their part. I.e. my e mail adress was xxxxxx@eircon.net. Who ever was sending the confirmation details was too absent minded to spot the error and never notified myself of the booking. It eventually cost me about e10 euros on a permium call rate to rectify the matter. This is another scam that Ryanair pulls to make more money
    Always presumed that email notification was automated. I usually get mine within 10mins of finishing the booking. Although I have yet to need the reference at checkin. They take my passport, find my name, and thats it. I always have luggage so never check in online.

OP, any chance you mistyped the email addy as has been asked? Also if your using outlook, check it on webmail as well in case as has been said its been blocked or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I'm 99.9% sure that I didn't type in the wrong e-mail address and anyway they make you type it in twice as to not make that mistake. Any other airline that I fly with send out a confirmation e-mail a few minutes (seconds sometimes) after I have made a book and this is the first time that it has ever happened to me.

I checked Google to see if this happened to anybody else and it looks like I am not alone. Click here.

I booked it with my visa so hopefully when my statement arrives in a few weeks then I can get the confirmation number off that. Btw I have a Bank of Ireland visa so does anybody know for sure if the confirmation number will be on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

can you not see the transaction online? rather than waiting for the statement

I don't have an online banking account because I don't really trust in them, although it would have been very useful in a situation like this.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ive just checked a BOI cc statement. The reference is shown. Its on the first line of the Ryanair entry, after a lot of zeros. Further down the listing there is 'reference:' with no information entered, so dont let that confuse you. The one you want is the longer code on the first line. Hopefully yours will be similar.

Cheers Oryx! I am going away in the last week of July and I should get my cc statement in the first week of July so I'll check it out as soon as I get it. I still cannot believe Ryanair didn't send me out an email confirmation, I haven't flown with them in years.........now I remember why :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

Who ever was sending the confirmation details was too absent minded to spot the error and never notified myself of the booking. It eventually cost me about e10 euros on a permium call rate to rectify the matter. This is another scam that Ryanair pulls to make more money

it is hardly 'a scam'. i very much doubt that ryanair are purposely not sending confirnation emails to customer just so they will have to call a premium rate number. that assumption is just a little bit paranoid now dont you think? it is a lot more likely that your email address was entered incorrectly by one of their admin team, which would make it human error and not 'a scam'. in fact it could just have easily been you that typed the address in worng.

anyway, regardless of whose fault it was, give the 'scam' thing a rest because it is getting tiresome having every little error a company makes referred to as a 'scam'.

Raekwon wrote: »
    Cheers Oryx! I am going away in the last week of July and I should get my cc statement in the first week of July so I'll check it out as soon as I get it. I still cannot believe Ryanair didn't send me out an email confirmation, I haven't flown with them in years.........now I remember why :rolleyes:

hey OP,

try giving your Credit Card company a call and explain the situation. if you are very nice to the customer care team they might give you the number over the phone, or if they wont do that they may post it out to you before the normal bill comes out so at least you will have peace of mind.

good luck

board om wrote: »
    anyway, regardless of whose fault it was, give the 'scam' thing a rest because it is getting tiresome having every little error a company makes referred to as a 'scam'.
    Ryanair thrives on ignorance and human error. Unfortunitally this method of business has been so successful that it has been duplicated by other airline companies including our own national airline.

Ryanair thrives on ignorance and human error. Unfortunitally this method of business has been so successful that it has been duplicated by other airline companies including our own national airline.

it is true they make a considerable amount of money from things like taxes and airport costs from people who purchase tickets but dont actually fly, but claiming they purposely dont send out flight confirmation so that customers will have to call a premium rate number is a bit far fetched. for a company with a annual turnover of over €2 billion i think the idea that they are 'scamming' customers into making a phonecall to a premium rate number a bit ridiculous. besides, the customer care number is an 0818 number which isnt even a premium rate number. it is just charged at the same rate as an national call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

Check your spam mail

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ryanair do send out confirmation emails. If I were you, I'd check your junk mail folder and see if the confirmation email was filtered in there.

It's not a scam on Ryanair's part - you just got unlucky in that for some reason you didn't receive the confirmation email.

I've checked my junk mail a good few times but it has never showed up in there either. I'll wait for my credit card statement to come in a hopefully it will show up on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Same thing happened to me, the last two times I booked FR flights - they did not send a confirmation e-mail. I had to ring them for the booking ref - call ended up costing me €11. The second time, I was lucky enough to have the time to get the reference from my credit card provider.

I too have to wonder if this is a new ploy on behalf on FR to make more money - as I have an auto fill function for inputting my details, and the details were correct. I now always take down the booking reference, as I can't depend on receiving a confirmation email.

• Advertisement

Ryanair carries an average of 50,000,000 passengers a year. If 1 in 500 of these passengers were to have their details mislaid and were subject to a premium rate line of an average of e10 it would be a nice additional e1,000,000 to make in a year!. No doubt Aer lingus are at the same racket. I do advise anyone who has been subject to this to have every detail at their finger tips as the premium rate clock ticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Did you actually confirm the booking? It could be that you didnt click confirm to the end page of the process and actually havent confirmed your reservation, and not reserved your seat on the flight...
    I would definatly ring Ryanair, if the above is the case chances are the fare will have increased in the last few days....
    Worth a try.. number is 0818 303030 but they may have changed it recently i vaguely recall!

Yeah the booking was confirmed and the confirmation number was on the screen but I was in a rush so I didn't take it down as I thought I would have got a confirmation e-mail. I guess you live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Hardly a scam. More likely you entered your email address incorrectly, the mail went to your spam folder which trashes mail after X amount of days, or there could have been a glitch with Ryanair's email system.

You could call them and ask for proof that the email was sent to you. Not sure you could get any recompense if they refused to refund you for the premium rate call to their customer service line, as the confirmation code was displayed when you booked the flight. Isn't it cheaper just to pay the checkin fee (there isn't one flying FROM Dublin anyway) and go along with just your passport?

I've flown with Ryanair for years and never not received my confirmation email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Who ever was sending the confirmation details was too absent minded to spot the error and never notified myself of the booking.

Yehhh ... That many passengers and theres a guy sitting there manually sending out emails.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You don't need the number; just hand in your passport at the desk and they'll check you against the flight manifest. If you didn't tick the box to check in at the airport, go anyway, they don't check that kind of thing in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

You don't need the number; just hand in your passport at the desk and they'll check you against the flight manifest. If you didn't tick the box to check in at the airport, go anyway, they don't check that kind of thing in my experience.

Thats true in 'general' but on occasion i've been refused with just passport, needed to get the confirmation number from my phone !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

uoluol wrote: »
    I had to ring them for the booking ref - call ended up costing me €11.
    Were you on the phone for 2 hours and 15 minutes to get the booking number?*
    * (according to eircom's prices)
    uoluol wrote: »
    I too have to wonder if this is a new ploy on behalf on FR to make more money
    How are they making money out of this?

EDIT: Not only are they not making money out of it but I understand it is costing them to have the national rate number.
    Raekwon wrote: »
    I've checked my junk mail a good few times but it has never showed up in there either. I'll wait for my credit card statement to come in a hopefully it will show up on that.
    You probably should set up online banking for your credit card. My credit card charges definitely show up with a week (can't remember how long it takes - something like 3/4 days). So if I forget a booking number I can usually see it within a week.
    Ryanair carries an average of 50,000,000 passengers a year. If 1 in 500 of these passengers were to have their details mislaid and were subject to a premium rate line of an average of e10 it would be a nice additional e1,000,000 to make in a year!.
    If that is the case maybe they should look into the idea of having a premium rate phone number because at present they dont have one!
    No doubt Aer lingus are at the same racket. I do advise anyone who has been subject to this to have every detail at their finger tips as the premium rate clock ticks.
    More lies! Aerlingus also use a national number for their reservation desk. Why so keen to bash without facts??

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

I booked a flight with Ryanair lasty march. I definitly didnt recieve a confirmation email. Only found my confirmation number through my onling credit card statment. Big thanks to the internet for that piece of info.
    Anyway when entering the onling check in, you have to enter your email address. I enter my normal email address and it works. Proof that i didnt enter a wrong email address. Checked and rechecked my email folders including spam and deleted items. No sign of a confirmation email.

Just before I fount out about the credit card statement, i phoned the ryanair 0818 number (national rate). 10 o clock in the morning and got a recording instructing me to use the 1570 number. So yes, I would also subscribe to the Scam theory. Do the maths, 5 million passengers carried in 1 month. Force 0.5 percent into using the premum number, adds up to a tidy profit.

My only theory was maybe the email got lost somewhere in the whole upgrading of the ryanair website. Think that happened in march sometime.

• Advertisement

Ryanair carries an average of 50,000,000 passengers a year. If 1 in 500 of these passengers were to have their details mislaid and were subject to a premium rate line of an average of e10 it would be a nice additional e1,000,000 to make in a year!. No doubt Aer lingus are at the same racket. I do advise anyone who has been subject to this to have every detail at their finger tips as the premium rate clock ticks.
    Beached wrote: »
    Just before I fount out about the credit card statement, i phoned the ryanair 0818 number (national rate). 10 o clock in the morning and got a recording instructing me to use the 1570 number. So yes, I would also subscribe to the Scam theory. Do the maths, 5 million passengers carried in 1 month. Force 0.5 percent into using the premum number, adds up to a tidy profit.

seriously lads, will you cop on please. that is the most ridiculous accusations i have ever heard. talk about paranoid delusional fantasies.

in fact, nearly everyone who has said they didnt receive the confirmation email have said they got it off their credit card statements instead, so they didnt even have to call the phone number. based on that then it isnt a very fullproof 'scam'.

do you really think that in Ryanair's annual financial meeting they have a big pie chart of how they intend to generate the €2 BILLION revenue for the year, and that there is a little sliver on the pie chart labelled "PREMIUM RATE PHONE SCAM €1,000,000,000" ? i really doubt it somehow.

Advertisement