Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Confirmation Number

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

davton wrote: »
    I think this is a more recent problem. When is your last confirmation?
    I have just booked a flight 20 seconds ago with Ryanair to berlin and received a confirmation about 30 seconds later to my gmail address. It really doesn't make sense that in the 25+ times I have booked with ryanair in the last 2.5 years I have never not received a confirmation email. I would say it is more likely a user mistake or a spam blocker that is stopping the email coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ok well least it proves they are still sending them, i never had had a problem myself always received them nearly instant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dobby

Apologies for diving in here as a first post user, however i have read this thread with some interest over the last few days (amongst a multitude of other similar sort of arguments about Ryanair across the internet).

However, i only stumbled upon this site because having also booked with Ryanair, i too have not received an email confirmation and actually had a website error on the confirmation page so didnt even get to see a number let alone any hint that i had got a booking on a flights.

Cutting a long story short (that is far from over), i live in England and i can assure anyone that lives outside of the UK mainland that getting in touch with Ryanair is an absolute nightmare.

To start with having just booked 10 minutes earlier a hotel, also through Ryanair, i can assure people i definitely did not have a problem with my email address, i got a confirmation back from that without any problem at all, and i can also say that if you ring the hotel itinerary desk, you get through.

But try and use a customer service number and you have got no chance at all!

I have run an 0871 number that is charged at 10p per minute on no less than 23 occasions now, at most i have been on hold for 7 minutes only to get cut off, receive a message saying the other person hung up, or get into an automated system that having pressed an option it then disconnects you.

I have dug up email addresses to customer service officials within the company and sent emails to which i have received no reply.

No does that sound like fair service?

It is all well and good saying just turn up with your credit card confirmation and passport, but how is your average person looking at their website going to know that?? :D

For what its worth, there is a whole website that i stumbled across that is dedicated to complaints and helping people get in touch with Ryanair, it was helpful but i certainly havent managed to yet, although my credit card company have been happy to give me the transaction reference (which reading this thread i assume is my confirmation) should i really be expected to go and dig up this information myself when there is obviously a problem with their customer service systems.

Makes for an interesting read

http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/

Dobby wrote: »
    Apologies for diving in here as a first post user, however i have read this thread with some interest over the last few days (amongst a multitude of other similar sort of arguments about Ryanair across the internet).

However, i only stumbled upon this site because having also booked with Ryanair, i too have not received an email confirmation and actually had a website error on the confirmation page so didnt even get to see a number let alone any hint that i had got a booking on a flights.

Cutting a long story short (that is far from over), i live in England and i can assure anyone that lives outside of the UK mainland that getting in touch with Ryanair is an absolute nightmare.

To start with having just booked 10 minutes earlier a hotel, also through Ryanair, i can assure people i definitely did not have a problem with my email address, i got a confirmation back from that without any problem at all, and i can also say that if you ring the hotel itinerary desk, you get through.

But try and use a customer service number and you have got no chance at all!

I have run an 0871 number that is charged at 10p per minute on no less than 23 occasions now, at most i have been on hold for 7 minutes only to get cut off, receive a message saying the other person hung up, or get into an automated system that having pressed an option it then disconnects you.

I have dug up email addresses to customer service officials within the company and sent emails to which i have received no reply.

No does that sound like fair service?

It is all well and good saying just turn up with your credit card confirmation and passport, but how is your average person looking at their website going to know that?? :D

For what its worth, there is a whole website that i stumbled across that is dedicated to complaints and helping people get in touch with Ryanair, it was helpful but i certainly havent managed to yet, although my credit card company have been happy to give me the transaction reference (which reading this thread i assume is my confirmation) should i really be expected to go and dig up this information myself when there is obviously a problem with their customer service systems.

Makes for an interesting read

http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/
    That is highly strange considering I have received every email confirmation I was ever supposed to get from Ryanair.

Just because you receive email from one email address doesn't mean that your spam blocker is not the problem. When I used my yahoo email address the first time the Ryanair booking confirmation ended up in my spam box until I told it otherwise. I would suggest trying a different email address.

Well i hate to dispel your theory, if i was using a spam blocker i could see that as being the answer, being an IT engineer i can cope with the possibility of an email getting bounced but when i know i have no restrictions (and through the ISP) then it completely rules it out ;)

Not to mention (again) the fact that the hotel booking went through fine 10 minutes earlier and i got my confirmation by email :)

If it wasnt a common problem there wouldnt be forums sprouting up all over the ether moaning about their communications systems ;)

Now i am not going to start standing on a soap box and rant that Ryanair are actually any worse than any other budget airline (or any airline for that matter) but i will say that even when you consider the "no frills" and "get what you pay" for labelling that these airlines attract, you still expect to have a good level of communication with anyone that is taking your money ;)

To have a website that reports that you havent got a confirmation, regardless of getting the confirmation email, and to have to speak to your credit card company to confirm its been paid is not what i would expect.

If i hadnt rung the credit card company, i would probably be none the wiser, as the website (even now and with the transaction reference) tells me its not confirmed :)

I can appreciate that you have had flawless service from Ryanair but just because someone has had a bad one, does that make them wrong and is it justified to play it down and make out its user error?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

axer wrote: »
    I have just booked a flight 20 seconds ago with Ryanair to berlin and received a confirmation about 30 seconds later to my gmail address.

That's making my head melt - you got the reply 10 seconds into the future ?;)

/not that I am having issues with the conf numbers either..

Just to keep this current and see if anyone else is still experiencing problems with Ryanair and their confirmation system (and of course their communications).

Having booked my flights on 02/07/08 and having had money taken from my credit card successfully by Ryanair, i still havent received a confirmation email, i have now tried to contact Ryaniar using their 0871 246 0000 number from the UK no less than 37 times, in that time i have not once managed to get through, i either receive a message telling me the number dialled has a fault or i listen to an automated message and finally get cut off.

I have tried ringing the number for their head office in Dublin, sat on an automated message before listening to music for 17 minutes, only for it to cut off.

I have trawled the internet for email addresses, none of which have bounced and a couple have actually been stupid enough to send a read receipt showing that someone is actually there.

And then today i had another go at ringing the UK number again,

lo and behold i got through after 9 minutes and after very briefly explaining that i needed a confirmation email, was told that i had rung the wrong number because i was speaking to the Germany office, he told me that i should just take a print out of the itinerary screen with my passport and not to worry, however when i told him that on that screen there were nice big bold red words saying NOT CONFIRMED he told me that i obviously didnt have any flights booked.

To which i replied that my credit card company had confirmed that Ryanair had taken the payment and there was no problem with it whatsoever, the money had left the account and as far as they were concerned it was all paid for.

He then proceeded to give me another number after assuring me that i should ring the UK number as it was working perfectly, the number he gave me i then tried.

Number unobtainable.

So at this stage i have an itinerary screen that tells me the booking is complete, but not confirmed, i have a credit card company telling me its paid for, and an FAQ screen telling me that if i can see NOT CONFIRMED then there has been a problem with the payment.

At this point in time i am now clueless as to whether or not i have flights, but i do know that Ryanair have my money ;)

That is fantastic customer service :D

Not

Just to keep this current and see if anyone else is still experiencing problems with Ryanair and their confirmation system (and of course their communications).

Having booked my flights on 02/07/08 and having had money taken from my credit card successfully by Ryanair, i still havent received a confirmation email, i have now tried to contact Ryaniar using their 0871 246 0000 number from the UK no less than 37 times, in that time i have not once managed to get through, i either receive a message telling me the number dialled has a fault or i listen to an automated message and finally get cut off.

I have tried ringing the number for their head office in Dublin, sat on an automated message before listening to music for 17 minutes, only for it to cut off.

I have trawled the internet for email addresses, none of which have bounced and a couple have actually been stupid enough to send a read receipt showing that someone is actually there.

And then today i had another go at ringing the UK number again,

lo and behold i got through after 9 minutes and after very briefly explaining that i needed a confirmation email, was told that i had rung the wrong number because i was speaking to the Germany office, he told me that i should just take a print out of the itinerary screen with my passport and not to worry, however when i told him that on that screen there were nice big bold red words saying NOT CONFIRMED he told me that i obviously didnt have any flights booked.

To which i replied that my credit card company had confirmed that Ryanair had taken the payment and there was no problem with it whatsoever, the money had left the account and as far as they were concerned it was all paid for.

He then proceeded to give me another number after assuring me that i should ring the UK number as it was working perfectly, the number he gave me i then tried.

Number unobtainable.

So at this stage i have an itinerary screen that tells me the booking is complete, but not confirmed, i have a credit card company telling me its paid for, and an FAQ screen telling me that if i can see NOT CONFIRMED then there has been a problem with the payment.

At this point in time i am now clueless as to whether or not i have flights, but i do know that Ryanair have my money ;)

That is fantastic customer service :D

Not
    What description is showing up with the credit card charge? The confirmation number would automatically be in that description.

I can book into the "manage my booking" web page using either the last 6 digits of the credit card transaction (as provided by the credit card company) or a 6 figure confirmation number.

When i log into check the booking i can see the confirmation number listed in big blue writing and directly below it not confirmed in red (with the message saying that the booking is not confirmed until i receive an email).

To me unless anyone from experience is saying that will be fine of course, that reads as my flights arent confirmed, but the booking has been made.

Again reading the FAQ's the only mention of "Not confirmed" is when the payment has not been approved etc, but that clearly isnt the case here.

Totally baffled, and in all my years of flying booking a flight has never been so traumatic (or actually as expensive in trying to contact an airline :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

What description is showing up with the credit card charge? The confirmation number would automatically be in that description.

On my BOI account, the number is always displayed correctly, however, MBNA seem to truncate the reference number and only display the 1st 8 characters of it.

BOI: Ryanair INT 0000000D4PYKD Dublin
    MBNA: Ryanair INT 00000RZW Dublin

• Advertisement

Having had a look at the various options within the manage my booking pages, i took a couple of screen shots to see if people actually understand what i am on about and also to see if the general opinion is that i have flights booked :D

The first one is from the "view my booking" and clearly states Not Confirmed

(images removed until i can edit them)

The second one is from the "Add Advanced Passenger Information" which as you can see i have added my details (although considering i am going to Italy, i was under the impression it wasnt required?) however if i try to add the second passenger, i get a message saying my payment was declined :D (its been paid trust me on this :D )

(images removed until i can edit them)

But looking at the flights at the top of that image, it says they are confirmed??

Any input on it would be appreciated :)

The underlying concern is that having not received an email confirming it, could i turn up for check-in at the airport and just produce that itinerary along with passports and board a plane, my initial thoughts are no when you have big red letters glaring at you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Having had a look at the various options within the manage my booking pages, i took a couple of screen shots to see if people actually understand what i am on about and also to see if the general opinion is that i have flights booked :D

The first one is from the "view my booking" and clearly states Not Confirmed

<removed>

The second one is from the "Add Advanced Passenger Information" which as you can see i have added my details (although considering i am going to Italy, i was under the impression it wasnt required?) however if i try to add the second passenger, i get a message saying my payment was declined :D (its been paid trust me on this :D )

<removed>

But looking at the flights at the top of that image, it says they are confirmed??

Any input on it would be appreciated :)

The underlying concern is that having not received an email confirming it, could i turn up for check-in at the airport and just produce that itinerary along with passports and board a plane, my initial thoughts are no when you have big red letters glaring at you :D

Not much help on the Ryanair thing, but you might want to edit those pics and blur out the personal info, e.g. names and confirmation info.

If it had been anything else other than a couple of names i would have done so, however its nothing that couldnt be found in the public domain and even then the odds of digging anything up from that would be difficult, but i take your point :)

If it had been anything else other than a couple of names i would have done so, however its nothing that couldnt be found in the public domain and even then the odds of digging anything up from that would be difficult, but i take your point :)
    I'd remove or blur the images. The only thing that is missing for someone to go and cancel or change your flight is your email address which I am sure could be found if needed. The flight confirmation code is not something that is (nor should be) in the public domain.

Admittedly the only thing i can do at the moment is delete the images as i am at work, however it wouldnt be such a bad thing if someone did nick the flights, it would probably save me the embarrassment of turning up at the airport and finding out that they werent booked :D

Given that they are about to be cancelled by the credit card company i am not too concerned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

I could not believe it when I saw your post. Up to this morning, I was in the exact same situation. I then decided to phone the extended internet support line (€1.75 per minute). I got straight through and the person at the other end had me sorted instantly. I know you shouldnt have to, but paying the call charge and getting the booking rectified has put my mind at ease.

derek_g34 wrote: »
    I could not believe it when I saw your post. Up to this morning, I was in the exact same situation. I then decided to phone the extended internet support line (€1.75 per minute). I got straight through and the person at the other end had me sorted instantly. I know you shouldnt have to, but paying the call charge and getting the booking rectified has put my mind at ease.
    Did they say what the problem was?

derek_g34 wrote: »

Well that at least gives me some direction and i suppose i am fortunate that someone spotted this and know's exactly what i am dealing with (and it isnt just a figmant of my imagination :D )

I will try and ring the Internet Support number but after everything that has happened i wont hold my breath with the UK number as i have read stories on even the Internet number placing you on hold for upwards of 10 minutes before cutting out, which then leaves you with a £10 bill for a phone call.

I have no problems with services being cut and streamlined to keep costs down but i really wouldnt have been using Ryanair if it werent for the fact that on the date i need to fly from Glasgow, it really was the only flight i could get that would get me to where i needed to be on time.

I honestly dont think i would use them again after this, as i would be more prepared to pay the extra and know that i am not going to have to chase anyone for basic stuff like a decent customer service contact department.

but for now i will bite my finger nails and worry about how long i will be held on the phone at £1 a minute just to get an answer that i have flights booked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

For some reason the travel insurance (€18) was not taken from my credit card. They took €260, but the €18 left the booking unconfirmed.

Well that at least gives me some direction and i suppose i am fortunate that someone spotted this and know's exactly what i am dealing with (and it isnt just a figmant of my imagination :D )

I will try and ring the Internet Support number but after everything that has happened i wont hold my breath with the UK number as i have read stories on even the Internet number placing you on hold for upwards of 10 minutes before cutting out, which then leaves you with a £10 bill for a phone call.

I have no problems with services being cut and streamlined to keep costs down but i really wouldnt have been using Ryanair if it werent for the fact that on the date i need to fly from Glasgow, it really was the only flight i could get that would get me to where i needed to be on time.

I honestly dont think i would use them again after this, as i would be more prepared to pay the extra and know that i am not going to have to chase anyone for basic stuff like a decent customer service contact department.

but for now i will bite my finger nails and worry about how long i will be held on the phone at £1 a minute just to get an answer that i have flights booked :(
    Even if it does turn out to cost you even 20 euro for ringing it would probably be still cheaper than the alternatives.

• Advertisement

Strangely enough i am wondering if this is what has caused the problem on mine.

My flights and all the baggage we needed to take actually totalled £516, that included return flights for 2, baggage and also travel insurance.

However at the bottom where it confirms that i have paid £516 it mentions amount due being £-7.88 which would account for 1 persons travel insurance, this coincides with only 1 person showing on the travel insurance part of the page, my thoughts are that for some reason its charged me for 2, dropped one of them off somehow and now wants to give me £7.88 back (which hasnt happened)

But that is a scientific wild arsed guess naturally? :D

Even if it does turn out to cost you even 20 euro for ringing it would probably be still cheaper than the alternatives.

I agree with what you are saying, however price wasnt the issue in my decision to book the flights, at £516 for 2 returns to Italy it isnt a great deal less than any other carrier, they were however the only flights available on that day that didnt require me to go and land in London for 5 hours first, which would have then put me a day out on what i was going out there for.

But if you factor in the 39 other calls, and the length of time on the phone without success it will add up to a lot more than 20 euros, admittedly i could have rung the internet line (if i do manage to get through) and sorted this, however everything suggests that you should just be able to ring customer services and get a problem sorted, nowhere does it say that their customer service numbers dont work, even the German i spoke to having been diverted seemingly by the UK number, informed me that there is nothing wrong with the customer service number whatsoever and that this was a problem that could be dealt with from there.

Just knowing that this isnt just me has been enough to put my mind at rest (partly), i dont doubt it will get sorted but when you need confirmation quickly its frustrating that you have to go through a drama like this, regardless of the price you pay ;)

All sorted and it was indeed down to the fact that whilst they had charged my card for 2 lots of travel insurance, they had actually only given me 1 lot (quite how they managed that i am not sure seeing as they managed to charge for it).

Anyway, i rang the internet support line which is indeed £1 a minute and got through within 10 seconds of ringing the number, i then had the problem sorted in less than 3 minutes.

So the morale of the story is that if you want to get through to them, you need to ring the internet support team, it generates more money for them :D

All that aside, the advice i got from here was appreciated and i am glad its all sorted now, just got to see how the actual flights pan out now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

So I finally got my credit card statement and my flight confirmation number was on it :)

I typed it into the 'Review/Change Flights' link on the Ryanair website along with my email address and flight destination and all of my details came up on the screen.

So basically the email address I typed in when booking was correct and it actually was an error from Ryanair that they didn't send me out a confirmation e-mail (for what ever reason). Luckily I booked the flight well in advance or I would have been pretty much screwed. So in future I will just take down the confirmation details instead of relying on confirmation e-mails.

Ah well, lesson learnt :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Ryanair carries an average of 50,000,000 passengers a year. If 1 in 500 of these passengers were to have their details mislaid and were subject to a premium rate line of an average of e10 it would be a nice additional e1,000,000 to make in a year!. No doubt Aer lingus are at the same racket. I do advise anyone who has been subject to this to have every detail at their finger tips as the premium rate clock ticks.

awww lads, and maybe they were involved in the 9/11 conspiracy as well!! :p

Advertisement