Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fai Cup

• 07-06-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

I'm amazed that there is no thread about the games that took place last night , but then again there would be a few sour grapes wouldn't there DesF ?

Amazing victory last night for dundalk , snatching a 3 - 0 win over Shelbourne last night in Tolka park. Great crowd from dundalk down , I would estimate the away support was about 500+ , Not a huge Shelbourne crowd at the game. Shelbourne to be fair did start much better then Dundalk , but when Alan Keely was rightly sent off for handling the ball in the box and Trevor Vaughan converted the penalty it was going to be Dundalks night. two goals in the last 20minutes by Paul Crowley wrapped up the game.

Other results last night were :

Bohemians 3-0 Drogheda Town
    Limerick 37 0-2 Cork City
    Athlone Town 2-1 Finn Harps
    Derry City 2-0 Liffeys Pearse
    Wexford Youths 0-0 Killester United
    Sporting Fingal 2-0 Cobh Ramblers
    Douglas Hall 0-3 Drogheda United
    Galway United 1-0 Waterford United
    Monaghan United 0-0 UCD
    Shelbourne 0-3 Dundalk

And fixtures tonight are :

St marys vs Wayside
    Shams vs tolka rovers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

League's the priority:D

Hope yous make it all the way to the final getting a replay in each round;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I'm amazed that there is no thread about the games that took place last night , but then again there would be a few sour grapes wouldn't there DesF ?

Amazing victory last night for dundalk , snatching a 3 - 0 win over Shelbourne last night in Tolka park. Great crowd from dundalk down , I would estimate the away support was about 500+ , Not a huge Shelbourne crowd at the game. Shelbourne to be fair did start much better then Dundalk , but when Alan Keely was rightly sent off for handling the ball in the box and Trevor Vaughan converted the penalty it was going to be Dundalks night. two goals in the last 20minutes by Paul Crowley wrapped up the game.

Alan Keely was not sent off for handling the ball...........

Top of the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Santry , Maybe the wheels might start to fall off now , the break will be great for us and plus John Gill has announced that he will have the cash to bolster his squad.

From where i was standing , it looked as if he was sent off for the hand ball in the box , hence the penalty as well.

Nah Keddy handled the ball for the peno.
    Didn't see the sending off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hunter164 wrote: »
    Nah Keddy handled the ball for the peno.
    Didn't see the sending off.

A cool , i seen the handling of the ball and you have to admit , according to the rules its a penalty.So great decision by the referee. I just presumed it was Keely that handled the ball hence the sending off , thanks for clearing that up.

Oh the peno was definite! Keddys a muppet.
    But you have to admit that ref is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Santry , Maybe the wheels might start to fall off now , the break will be great for us and plus John Gill has announced that he will have the cash to bolster his squad.

From where i was standing , it looked as if he was sent off for the hand ball in the box , hence the penalty as well.

Ah wheels won't be coming off mate, we actually played very well last night. We had two great chances through Rutherford and Bisto before yous scored your first goal. I reckon we should of had a penalty after your one when Chambers shot was blocked by a hand.

Second half, Keely kept two up front and went for it. We had a good few chances but when yous got the second it was game over. I still reckon John Gill doesn't have a clue tactically and can see that being your down fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Got back to one all with Pats last night and the lads were still celebrating when they scored the winner.. the lack of experience showed there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DundalkStephen seems some of your fans thought they where in Glasgow last night.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

A cool , i seen the handling of the ball and you have to admit , according to the rules its a penalty.So great decision by the referee. I just presumed it was Keely that handled the ball hence the sending off , thanks for clearing that up.

The two incidents, the sending off and penalty, were at least 7 or so minutes apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Other results last night were :

Bohemians 3-0 Drogheda Town
    Limerick 37 0-2 Cork City
    Athlone Town 2-1 Finn Harps
    Derry City 2-0 Liffeys Pearse
    Wexford Youths 0-0 Killester United
    Sporting Fingal 2-0 Cobh Ramblers
    Douglas Hall 0-3 Drogheda United
    Galway United 1-0 Waterford United
    Monaghan United 0-0 UCD
    Shelbourne 0-3 Dundalk

And fixtures tonight are :

St marys vs Wayside
    Shams vs tolka rovers

I'm amazed you left out town v pats, but best forgotten maybe. Killester United ftw:D

Read in paper today very small crowd at the Fingal match just over the 200? Nice to see a couple of the 1st div teams get one over the premier:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Carrick United beat Everton AFC at Everton Park 2-0. Both goals came from Ian Cleary and Carrick had to play nearly an hour with 9 men after having 3 sent off (1 being a sub).

Advertisement