Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hiring/renting a car for the driving test

Options
  • 07-06-2008 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi everyone,
    I have my test in less than 2 weeks time but unfortuntly the head gasket of my car is gone and now I have no car for my test.

Anyone know if you can hire a car for the day from a driving school or elsewhere ?

Any advice appreciated ! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Yeah,sure just ring up your driving instructor and ask???
    I was in the same situation 2 years ago,was gonna cost near 200 euro to rent for the test due to insurance,loss of earnings etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Your instructor would be your best bet, it's very common to rent a driving schools car for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

If you get a replacement car for your own car from a hire company or hire/rent a car other than a driving school car, you must obtain a letter from the hire company to say you are allowed use the car for a driving test. You must have this letter for the test. This is in the final checks letter.
    You are probably best using a school car as suggested because most hire companies will not hire cars to people on a provisional license or persons under the age of 25.

Advertisement