Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having both biological and foreign adopted children

• 07-06-2008 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I was interested to see if other people had any issues intergrating their adopted children from other countries with their biological children? While it is arguable that it is of an advantage for the biological kids to grow up in a house where race isn't an issue, I've noticed in one family that I babysit for that the adopted Vietnamese girls are given lots of attention in public because they are so unique and beautiful looking while their two biological daughters are cast aside and nobody gives them a second glance. It causes serious problems for their self esteem and, while they love their new sisters, they often seem resentful of the attention they attract.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement