Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

argos ex-catalogue stock sale flyer recieved

Options
  • 07-06-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

is this legit? a load of ex-stock for sale down the local community center tomorrow in Wexford...just wondering if anyone had experience of these. Read on another site these are nightmare sales/auctions - black bag products, nasty bouncers on door, not allowed leave until buy something, shills in the crowd buying the bargains and you're left with the crap

any experience at all would be useful (as an example of price, Wii, DVD recorder, Cordless phone, 1G IPOD, Sony PSP and 7" DVD player) for 200Euro..

smells to me but your opinions are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

scam

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

As usual, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Theres often a reason these sales are one day only, so theyre gone before you realise youve been had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Scammers. Your Ipod will probably end up being a wrapped up e5 bottle of counterfeit perfume. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't understand how these keep happening in community centres and church halls. Surely they know by now that there are lots of these dodgy sales and auctions around, so do they not do any checks on who they are renting the place out to? I'd expect a local community centre or local church to care about their community a bit more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Why would any product in the current catalogue Wii's ipods etc be in an ex stock clearance

Scam --- I got caught many years ago in London ended up with a set of saucepans cost 200 Gbp phone the credit card company and reported it stolen. There where a lot of unhappy people that night.

"who could use a new 42" TV?????? who will end up with a knock off cheap canera :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

tks for replies, knew it was dodgy after reading up about it on a UK forum.
    Went down this morning for a look, lots of people there but even though the flyer said numerous time this is not an auction...it was of course an auction..I left when the guy was giving out the rules :) ...!! I wonder how many people will end up disappointed today and I wonder have we just missed a good opportunity to buy a portable dvd-player for 30 Euro even if it is a risk, it's the cost of half a tank of fuel these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

pyzon wrote: »
    tks for replies, knew it was dodgy after reading up about it on a UK forum.
    Went down this morning for a look, lots of people there but even though the flyer said numerous time this is not an auction...it was of course an auction..I left when the guy was giving out the rules :) ...!! I wonder how many people will end up disappointed today and I wonder have we just missed a good opportunity to buy a portable dvd-player for 30 Euro even if it is a risk, it's the cost of half a tank of fuel these days..
    Hi Pyzon,, I was wondering about this sale too!!! did you see any items and did they look like the real thing???:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

I could see some stuff, didn't venture in too far, but I do remember seeing some HP boxes..that's about it..oddly enough there was so many people there..

Advertisement