Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw 316

Options
  • 07-06-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hello there!

Im looking at getting a bmw 316, around 97 or 98..
    I love the mtec body kits and everything on them.. Been looking on carzone for a few weeks and some nice ones have come and gone but they seem very expensive compared to the basic models..
    Was just wondering how much it would cost to get a body kit installed seperatley and other mods.. Would it be worth my while or should I just try and find a car for sale with everything done to it already??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

to get the proper mtec bodykit fitted to a car by bmw now would cost alot i'd imagine thats even if they bother doin it anymore, your best bet to find out would be to join an online bmw owners forum and ask there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Just buy one from the UK - they're much more reasonably priced and theres a good selection available. Mtec kit will cost you at least €1300 for a genuine kit to be supplied, fitted and sprayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

kdevitt wrote: »
    Mtec kit will cost you at least €1300 for a genuine kit to be supplied, fitted and sprayed.
    And that'd be doing it on the cheap!

My advice would be save up and get a 320 or something from the uk, your only extra cost is the insutrance really. I reckon you be happier with the car for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Id wait and save for a 318is. 4 pot run costs, and 1.9L tax. The 316i is very slow. I have 2 guys in work here with E36 316i's with the same complaint. The 320i is not much faster and could be hiding Nikasil issues.

Whats your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Would love to get a 318 or something bigger but just cant get insured on them!!
    Im only 19 so only have a year of a no claims bonus!!

Theres a lot more 318s on carzone with the full mtec kit and stuff!!

Could spend up to 7 grand i'd say.. But the cheaper the better :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

i looked at this myself at the time i was getting my first car but i needed a 1.4 cause i was still on a provisional + it was a bit outta my price range

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/316/COUPE-316/1047778/

thats a nice one, not a full m kit tho, still if i was getting one that wouldnt bother me cause it looks nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm to be honest i would just wait a year, and get that no claim bonus, so you could get bigger engine Beemer.

I was allways agains BMW 316. Whats the point getting BMW if its engine sizes smaller then pocket watch!

You see after a year you will realise that you can insure 318i ones. And you will be stuck on 316. Then selling, rebuying - just lost of money m8.

Thought 318 got that infamous 1.9engine which is very underpowered...

And check insurance companys again about 318Ci models, i dont know why but they are very cheap to insure. I allmoust got one for myself, but got cought by ather motor, but still german one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

would you not opt for a e30 ( 86-92 ), tons cheaper, much better looking ( my and everyone with common sense ) but meh , if your hearts focused on the reg, go to Germany....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

S.I.R wrote: »
    would you not opt for a e30 ( 86-92 ), tons cheaper, much better looking ( my and everyone with common sense ) but meh , if your hearts focused on the reg, go to Germany....

Agree on e30 . In my opinion its one of best looking 3 series, with m3 body kit looks even better.

Advertisement