Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blurry tattoo

Options
  • 07-06-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I got my tattoo 11 years ago, its a black triangle shaped celtic design, the lines always looked slightly thicker than I would have liked, I think they should have been finer. anyway the tat is on my shoulder so I don't see it very often but recently I caught sight of it in the mirror and it looks like the lines have blurred into each other, now it looks like a solid black triangle and I can't make out the design anymore. I haven't lost/ gained any weight recently so I can't understand why this has happened, is it normal? and is there anything I can do to fix it/make it look better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

lily lou wrote: »
    I got my tattoo 11 years ago, its a black triangle shaped celtic design, the lines always looked slightly thicker than I would have liked, I think they should have been finer. anyway the tat is on my shoulder so I don't see it very often but recently I caught sight of it in the mirror and it looks like the lines have blurred into each other, now it looks like a solid black triangle and I can't make out the design anymore. I haven't lost/ gained any weight recently so I can't understand why this has happened, is it normal? and is there anything I can do to fix it/make it look better?
    do you mean its faded?
    if so it can be touched up again like to bring it back to life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

In the past 11 years have you exposed the tattoo too a lot of sunshine? Maybe on holiday or lived abroad, or even wearing halter top type things?

There are quite a few possibilities to why your tattoo has blurred.

You could go talk to a tattoo artist and see what they can do for you. Sounds like it has blurred quite a lot which is a shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

Thanks for your replies, Alan Ford no it hasn't faded it's actually still very black! Wilburt, I lived in Australia for a year but I always covered my tattoo in very high sun block, apart from that it would usually just be the 2 week yearly sun holiday, it's only really in the last few years that I stopped using a higher sun block on my tattoo. Any recommendations where I could go to get it sorted, I'm in Dublin, thanks again.

Advertisement