Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI international transfer via 365

• 07-06-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Hi on the 27th May I transfered a large amount of money into my UK savings account. Ive done this many times before with no trouble. This time the money has vanished. It left my BOI account on the 27th and has not appeared in my UK account. Ive been onto both banks and they are blaming each other? Im now starting to panic as Im afraid Ive lost this money. Bank of Ireland said they can investigate but will have to charge me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

snaps wrote: »
    Hi on the 27th May I transfered a large amount of money into my UK savings account. Ive done this many times before with no trouble. This time the money has vanished. It left my BOI account on the 27th and has not appeared in my UK account. Ive been onto both banks and they are blaming each other? Im now starting to panic as Im afraid Ive lost this money. Bank of Ireland said they can investigate but will have to charge me.

I'd love to find out what that charge would be because that's bollox. A trace is not a difficult thing to put on a payment. Get them to do it and if they mention anything about the charge tell the person they're talking sh1te. Imagine, a charge to find where your money went LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

well i told them yesterday that i wouldnt pay them to find my money. What stops them from loosing my money on purpose, just so they can charge me a finders fee? Its the longest its ever taken an international transfer to go through, usually it takes no more than 4 days (Working). Of course no one rings you back, So you have to do all the chasing. Nationwide in the UK rang me back twice on friday, but said there was not much they could do as they hadn't had any instruction from BOI of a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

snaps wrote: »
    well i told them yesterday that i wouldnt pay them to find my money. What stops them from loosing my money on purpose, just so they can charge me a finders fee? Its the longest its ever taken an international transfer to go through, usually it takes no more than 4 days (Working). Of course no one rings you back, So you have to do all the chasing. Nationwide in the UK rang me back twice on friday, but said there was not much they could do as they hadn't had any instruction from BOI of a transfer.

Speaking as somneone who has more than one family member working for BOI I urge you to keep a firm stance, many of their transaction "guidelines" aren't exactly set in stone and you'd be amazed how much policy is left up to the individual teller or manager. Take it straight to your bank manager and tell him he can charge his finders fee up his arse or you'll go to Ulster bank when it's all over, they hate that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Apparently there has been a problem with international transfers on the date i tansfered the money. Ive finally got my money back!

Advertisement