Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if Ireland rejects the Treaty?

Options
  • 07-06-2008 3:44pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have heard plenty of debate regarding what may or may not happen if the Lisbon Treaty is passed in Ireland.
    However, I have no real understanding of what may or may not happen if Ireland rejects the Treaty?
    My limited understanding is that if Ireland were to reject the Treaty then the EU would just continue on in it's current state.
    Is it as simple as that or does rejection actually give rise to changes also?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks for the link.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Enda Kenny and Brian Cowen tell us how bad Europeans were are and hit us with sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Hermy wrote: »
    However, I have no real understanding of what may or may not happen if Ireland rejects the Treaty?

They re-word, rap it up in a nice little bow and hand it straight back to us.

Advertisement