Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended reading list for PGDE course

• 07-06-2008 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi there,

Im going to be applying for the HDip in september but I think that the earlier that I get stuck into the reading the better. If anybody can recommend text books that you have looked at during your course I would appreciate it...
    Also, how many people out there have got places on the course without any prior experience of classroom? I have a 2.1 degree in Geog. and history and cant get any sub teaching exp. at all :(
    any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 finicio

i got it for this year coming and didnt have any teaching practice..

had a 2.1 aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭brian crackout

thats good, fair play to ya. I hope I get it when I apply in sept. whereabouts are you doing yours? I hope to get into maynooth, I did my degree there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 anna766

This is the list we've just been given in TCD to entertain us for the summer:
    Child, D Psychology and the Teacher (Cassell, 1995)
    Cohen, L, Manion, L, and Morrison, K A Guide to Teaching Practice (Routledge, 2004)
    Coolahan, J Irish Education: History and Structure (Institute of Public Administration, 2002)
    Department of Education and Science Rules and Programme for Secondary Schools (Stationery Office)
    Shevlin, M and Rose, R [eds] Encouraging Voices: Respecting the Insights of Young People who are Marginalised (National Disability Authority, 2003)
    Tovey, H and Share, P A Sociology of Ireland (Gill & Macmillan, 2000)
    Winch, C and Gingell, J Key Concepts in the Philosophy of Education (Routledge, 1999)

Enjoy!

Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭brian crackout

thanks anna,
    looks like theres some heavy **** there!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

hmmmm UCD have given us nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

anna766 wrote: »
    Department of Education and Science Rules and Programme for Secondary Schools (Stationery Office)

Jakers, that one's a right page turner. I didn't think it was still about.

Have a read of anything on Multiple Intelligences - it actually makes sense in a classroom and changing methodologies to allow for the different ways of learning can be the basis of a lot of progress, particularly for kids who are not achieving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Anyone with suggestions for the PGDE Primary?? I have books on educational and child psychology from my undergrad degree but I have them read already.

Advertisement