Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bets have you got on Euro 2008?

Options
  • 07-06-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

I have Portugal outright at 15-2 and Zlatan Ibrahimovic at 28-1 for top scorer. He seemed good value at the time, but I don't know now. Have both e/w so I should recoup something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I bet on Czech Rep to win against the Swiss at 13/8 (Success!) and Portugal to beat Turkey at 3/4 (Success!).
    For tomorrow I have Germany to beat Poland at 8/15 and Croatia to beat Austria at 10/11.
    I'm not sure about betting against Romania, and Italy and Holland scares me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

€25 accum on Group winners

Portugal @ 5/4
    Germany @ 8/13
    Italy @ 7/4
    Spain @ 8/11

Obviously Italy is the dodgy one but fancied the risk for a return of €431.63

€25 double on

Germany to top Group B @ 4/7
    Torres to be top scorer @ 8/1

Potential return of €353.61

And today I'll be backing Croatia to beat Austria @ 10/11 in a treble with Nadal to beat Federer 3-0 @ 6/4 and Warrington -2 to beat Harlequins @ 4/5. Going big on this one as I am fairly confident. €45 for potential return of €386.59

All of the above are with PP

Also got Group D to produce the winner in a mini-sweep. €30 a head, winer to get €120

Fingers crossed and good luck to all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

I have backed Romania @ 50-1 e/w - think they are overpriced - Holland and France are always kinda dodgy and i think the 7-2 on Romania to beat France is also a good bet - remember Romania are a team not a bunch of individuals which is vital for a Euro tournament - they also topped their qual group comfortably which incl Holland so get on - Mutu top scorer is also worth a punt @ 40-1
    backing Portugal/Spain to win outright is retarded - wake up - too many posers

Also Croatia are a great bet to beat Austria today @ 10-11

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

10E, 4-1 Spain and portugal to top their groups
    10E, 5-1, Austria to get no points
    6E, 33-1, Germany to win every game (including final) in 90mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Have Spain, Portugal to top groups 80 Eur at 3/1.

Yest had small money on half time draw Czechs v Swiss at 5/6, thought that was a steal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Funnily, I think Austria might snatch a point today. Home crowd will be a huge plus. I saw their recent friendly against Nigeria (1-1) and they did'nt look THAT bad. Might chance my arm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

mont you read my mind:D ive backed romania and mutu for top goalscorer @50/1 with paddy power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Haven't backed Mutu for top scorer, much like Ibrahimovic he's an assist man and I think you'd get better value with his strike partner (he's already helped Gilardino ann Toni to the top scorer in Italy and got Adriano's best season out of him) but at 50/1 Romania are phenomenal value.

Today I'm on Croatia with 30 euro and draw/Croatia with a tenner at 4/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

i really done a lot of reading up.

stats etc . fancy a huge lump on hollland to beat romainia at evens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

redfan wrote: »
    i really done a lot of reading up.

stats etc . fancy a huge lump on hollland to beat romainia at evens

Holland are a weak team..If I had to pick a winner I'd pick Romania tbph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Group A
    1st Portugal, 2nd Switzerland
    E5 @ 11-4

Group B
    1st Germany, 2nd Croatia
    E10 @ 13-8

Group C
    1st France, 2nd Holland
    E5 @ 13-2

Group D
    1st Spain, 2nd Russia
    E5 @ 13-5

Winner and Top Scorer
    Germany & Klose
    E25 @ 18-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I never usually bet live in running so I don't know how usual this is: 5 minutes after Germany had scored their 2nd goal They were still 5/6 to win the 2nd half with a major bookmaker online. I thought that was weirdly generous so I bet it and had the 5/6 price , but my win was amended to 1/10 saying it was a late bet (which it wasn't). I don't mind too much them having wrong odds now and then but isn't this kind of thing automated online. My question is how often does this happen in other people's experiences of live betting? I don't really want to be suckered into betting 1/10 shots on a regular basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Took Croatia at 10-11 over Austria as tipped here and won, thank you boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ive resisted backing any matches so far, want to see each team once first, Im glad I didnt take the even money on Croatia, would have been a difficult second half to watch. Have backed France Italy and Portugal to win outright and have layed Spain and Germany for miniscule amounts.

bohsman wrote: »
    Ive resisted backing any matches so far, want to see each team once first, Im glad I didnt take the even money on Croatia, would have been a difficult second half to watch. Have backed France Italy and Portugal to win outright and have layed Spain and Germany for miniscule amounts.

Croatia were an absolute disgrace, I was appalled by them, couldn't pass the ball 5 yards and kept lumping it up in the air versus a huge team when they could have played them off the park on the ground. I turned the match off in the 2nd half I was so annoyed with them, but still they did win me a good few quid. Tomorrow should be fun, Netherlands Italy will be great, not that I would touch it bet wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

after makin 55 euro profit so far. won on double on portugal and czech, double on germany and croatia. lost a little on ronaldo not scoring the other night tho. put the 55 on france to get round it off to around 100euro profit. was tempted to lump a bit on luca toni or torres to be top goalscorer but podolski put an end to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

hotspur wrote: »
    Croatia were an absolute disgrace, I was appalled by them, couldn't pass the ball 5 yards and kept lumping it up in the air versus a huge team when they could have played them off the park on the ground. I turned the match off in the 2nd half I was so annoyed with them, but still they did win me a good few quid. Tomorrow should be fun, Netherlands Italy will be great, not that I would touch it bet wise.

They were poor. The German/Croatia game will tell alot. I too 'lumped on ' them today, which I very rarely do in any sport, I usually follow a staking policy, but a win is a win.

I could be very wrong in talking up Croatia, but my (very small) bet is down now, so let it ride !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Collie D wrote: »
    And today I'll be backing Croatia to beat Austria @ 10/11 in a treble with Nadal to beat Federer 3-0 @ 6/4 and Warrington -2 to beat Harlequins @ 4/5. Going big on this one as I am fairly confident. €45 for potential return of €386.59

Hate to blow my own trumpet but hey I'm drunk. Only got 5/6 on Croatia though and only saw second half. Couldn't find a bookies to lay off for the draw as from what I saw they were pissed on but luckily enough I got away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

I got a five euro free bet for top goalscorer the other day and backed podolski at 25-1. Looking good so far but still very early days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Adrian Mutu & Romania now 200 - 1! So it cant be that great a bet cos PP are stingy fcukers and rarely get it wrong :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

€5 on Portugal to win 13/2
    €5 on Germany to win 7/2
    €5 on Germany, Croatia, Italy, France, Spain and Russia qualifying from their group. Gettin around 10/1 on that. Didnt get in in time to back Portugal and Czeck Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Question about PP when they say Group betting,do they mean to win the group,or to qualify?

Win unless said otherwise, it's usually obvious from the odds too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

I have a an accumulator on portugal, croatia, germany and spain all to win first match, paying out a little under 10/1 provided spain produce goods this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

hotspur wrote: »
    I never usually bet live in running so I don't know how usual this is: 5 minutes after Germany had scored their 2nd goal They were still 5/6 to win the 2nd half with a major bookmaker online. I thought that was weirdly generous so I bet it and had the 5/6 price , but my win was amended to 1/10 saying it was a late bet (which it wasn't). I don't mind too much them having wrong odds now and then but isn't this kind of thing automated online. My question is how often does this happen in other people's experiences of live betting? I don't really want to be suckered into betting 1/10 shots on a regular basis!

Use Betfair, the odds are guaranteed kind off and you always get the best odds.

I don't really see why people use Bookies apart from accums which are extremely hard to get up anyway :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

I have Podolski for top goalscorer at 22/1.

Nothing else really. May do some individual games over the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

cant see greece losing to sweden so am going big on laying sweden on betfair @2.68.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Tonight im going with Greece win/draw @ 4-9 and Spain -1 at 15-8
    €75 returns €311 on PP

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Use Betfair, the odds are guaranteed kind off and you always get the best odds.

I don't really see why people use Bookies apart from accums which are extremely hard to get up anyway :confused:

Because I'm in America and I'm ip blocked from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

IrishMike wrote: »
    Tonight im going with . . . Spain -1 at 15-8

I did that as well. It paid off. I was going to bet on Villa to be top scorer as well before the match. Merde.

Have Spain t/b Russia, Portugal t/b Czech Rep, and Germany t/b Croatia at 5/1. A third of the way there.
    Holland t/b France at 7/4.
    Spain t/b Russia and Germany t/b Croatia at 3/2
    Also have Turkey t/b Switzerland & Czech Rep t/b Portugal. Stake 338c to win 5070c

Advertisement