Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results Effect on 1st Year Bonus?

• 07-06-2008 4:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

This might be a bit of an odd ball question but here goes....

Do graduates typically get Christmas bonuses in their first year at a firm? (I start in October)

I just got my degree results yesterday and picked up top grades (first class honours overall :)) and was just wondering will this have a positive effect on any bonus I would be due to receive? (presumably the firm doesn't have much to go off in your first two or three months of work when deciding on any bonus, so I assume they would have an impact??)

I'm just curious because I know Grant Thornton were offering circa 7.5k bonus (including signing on fee) to any graduates who picked up first class honours in their degrees, and I turned down interviews with them as I had an offer from a higher ranking firm.

So a bit random, probably a bit greedy too. But I'm curious nonetheless!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Depends on the firm, I know my first company gave me a token bonus so that i wouldnt feel left out (everybody say awwwww!)

You might and you might not, but dont expect it. Then it is a bonus

Advertisement