Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding a tattoo.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I've been hiding three tattoos and a surface piercing from my whole family for two weeks now, it's all about strategic movement! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Le Rack wrote: »
    I've been hiding three tattoos and a surface piercing from my whole family for two weeks now, it's all about strategic movement! :p

Hahaha, well my family don't like my piercings, but when I got the tattoo I showed the the day after because I'm almost twenty, and to be honest I didn't think they would disown me.

I was told if I'm into "self mutilation" that's fine as long as I don't do it to other people :p

Mine is on my shoulder though, but I want one on my wrist so I was looking up ways on how to hide them before I got them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

BLEH!! how much make up do you need there? lol
    just use dermablend. way easier.

(www.dermablend.com)

Wilburt wrote: »
    BLEH!! how much make up do you need there? lol
    just use dermablend. way easier.

(www.dermablend.com)

Ahaha, you know women, any excuse to buy new products!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

That a very good idea for someone who has an interview for a job to hide a particular tattoo.
    As some inerviewers may not like the person with tattoos applying for job position.
    Alright they can cover their tattoos with long sleeves etc.
    Its the hands that have tattoos would been seen so that product would be very handy indeed.

• Advertisement

Why bother covering up mods for a job interview? I attempted this sort of lark at first but they're gonna see it eventually and ye can't be expected to b covering up whats you everyday...

True, but if I was going to a black tie event and I had one on my wrist I may like to hide it for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

technicaly i hate covering up my pericings and tatoos and doesnt work well in job interviews as ive a large piece on my underside of my wrist. but i find a good qualty shirt works jsut fine.

i find after they hire you they cant realy do much but ask you to cover it up. my lobes have never been a prob for me. only at 10mm atm but seems to be exceptable im most retail shops depending on manager not being a prick. most of the time a customer would ask about the lobes and normaly complemnt me on them a watchful manager often sees this and seems to help my cause :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Sounds like too much effort IMO, just use a plaster and come up with a story for an imaginary injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

ha for some of us.. they better make pretty big plasters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Some may need more dramatic coverage...
    MU026_FULL_BODY_CAST.jpg
    ;)

Dermablend should do the trick, but why bother? You're only gonna get found out anyway

Some may need more dramatic coverage...
    MU026_FULL_BODY_CAST.jpg
    ;)

Dermablend should do the trick, but why bother? You're only gonna get found out anyway
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ive been hiding my two foot tattoos for a year now and the parents are none the wiser:P

ive been hiding my two foot tattoos for a year now and the parents are none the wiser:P
    i posted ye tattoo on google for ye parents to see:p

I've been home for over a week now, and despite having a hair style that shows off my nape no on has noticed my piercing and the three tatts I have have gone completetly unnoticed! :D

Maybe they're just in denial Le Rack?:p

In spite of pretty much always having 1-2 inches of the tattoo on my left arm exposed when wearing a t-shirt no one who I haven't told about it has ever noticed it, so yup the white UV ink works well enough for stealthy work IMO.

prob gonna go ahead with my uv tatt on my wrist, was talking to guys who do them and have had no probs in about 8yrs of work so sounds good!

tatts are works of art though, well for the most part n shouldn't have to be hidden, each time i've gotten one I always end up goin lOOK LOOK LOOK to everyone i meet i know, grossed out a few of the lads from work with the last one...twas stil oozing blood wheni started liften me shirt to show it! :p

Le Rack wrote: »
    prob gonna go ahead with my uv tatt on my wrist, was talking to guys who do them and have had no probs in about 8yrs of work so sounds good!

tatts are works of art though, well for the most part n shouldn't have to be hidden, each time i've gotten one I always end up goin lOOK LOOK LOOK to everyone i meet i know, grossed out a few of the lads from work with the last one...twas stil oozing blood wheni started liften me shirt to show it! :p

Any excuse to flash the lads... :p

But anyway, are you getting white UV or getting some other colour? As it's only the white that can be invisible under UV. Were the lads you were talking to in Ireland? As even finding somewhere willing to touch the stuff was a bit of a tour for me.
    TBH you should be fine though, as long as you don't go trying to get it removed by laser (just use some other method on the off chance you want rid of it) I can't see any health issues arising from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Alan Ford wrote: »
    i posted ye tattoo on google for ye parents to see:p

cant prove its me though:p

cant prove its me though:p
    pics please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement