Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prose and poetry OL irish

Options
  • 07-06-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

does anybody have any ideas as to what might come up in the poetry and prose in paper 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

em i think jack and bimse buan are fairly certain :) not sure bout stories but id say claire sa speir and cearbhall mac something or other

Ohhh, C'mon.

Why are people making a big deal about ordinary irish..

There's like what 4 poems to learn.. 2 of which are like exactly the same (Nil aon ni and faoiseamh) and 5 stories.. and they're all piss easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Because it's all relative?

Like, the honours course isn't that big a deal. We get a couple of extra poems, one text (on which the question is always easy) and a bit of history. So what?

kaki wrote: »
    Because it's all relative?

Like, the honours course isn't that big a deal. We get a couple of extra poems, one text (on which the question is always easy) and a bit of history. So what?

Like, have you seen the ordinary paper like? It's a piss take, like.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It's, like, not easy if you're linguistically challenged. Some people have an aptitude for it, others don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Ye just go in and wing it

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

The ordinary level Irish paper is no less of a pisstake than the higher level.

Like, imo.

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Ye just go in and wing it

Lol, you really can. I covered study for both papers in two hours (including breaks for staring in to space) and am having no worries about the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

I'm doing 6 Higher subjects and am considered one of the top people in my year, but I'm going to look like a right fool when I leave this exam after 10mins (literally!) to go study Business.

I honestly haven't done Irish since over a year ago (I didn't attend the class this year, and having done Higher at JC level, I still think I have sufficient vocabulary to see me through P1)

P2 is only 18% anyway!

Its kind of stupid, to have Day 1 Irish worth over three times the marks of Day 2 Irish?

Twee. wrote: »
    It's, like, not easy if you're linguistically challenged. Some people have an aptitude for it, others don't.

A few in my class can barely say their names.. :eek:

I just find it hilarious!

• Advertisement

fivetwenty wrote: »
    I'm doing 6 Higher subjects and am considered one of the top people in my year, but I'm going to look like a right fool when I leave this exam after 10mins (literally!) to go study Business.

I honestly haven't done Irish since over a year ago (I didn't attend the class this year, and having done Higher at JC level, I still think I have sufficient vocabulary to see me through P1)

P2 is only 18% anyway!

Its kind of stupid, to have Day 1 Irish worth over three times the marks of Day 2 Irish?

You really would. The reading comps. are no bother and the story can be an accident/robbery/lotto lol take your pick!
    18%!? I knew it was low but god! Nice one!

fivetwenty wrote: »
    I'm doing 6 Higher subjects and am considered one of the top people in my year
    Arent you great.

Advertisement