Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions for Irish paper 2?

Options
  • 07-06-2008 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

What do people think is most likely to come up in the different parts of the paper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Going by anything common that came up in the mocks papers, Jack, Gealt and Oíche Nollaig seem to have a good chance of coming up, Stair-wise Ogham and Ruraíocht were in both but that could go any way tbh. The "Triail" questions were great on one paper (describe characters) and horrible on the other (dramatic techniques, life in 60's). I think it's gonna be pretty hard to predict... Just get the grammar down!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I guess for the honours poems any of the 4 that haven't come up are likely given that they haven't ever repeated one before. Cearrbhach Mac Caba was compulsory for the last 2 years too so maybe they'll give it a rest (hopefully anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

oiche nollaig na mba, fiche blian ag fas, ruraiocht and fianniacht without a doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Clare sa Spéir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Are the poems and stories that come up for the honours and ordinary the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Any predictions for the essay??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Any predictions for the essay??

As predicated by one of the countries top Irish teachers(in Dublin's Institute of Education, ) for L.c (H).

1 being the most likely to come up, 8 being the less likely...

1.Coras Salinte
    2.Drugai
    3.Olachan
    4.Sabhailteacht
    5.Ciniochas
    6.Gaeilge
    7.Oideachas
    8.Cluichi Oilimpeacha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Anyone got any nice vocab/phrases for Coras Slainte?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Katerrrs

Anyone got any nice vocab/phrases for Coras Slainte?

"Téann an córas sláinte sa tír seo ó ghéarchéim go géarchéim cosúil le ollpheist millteach atá ag alpadh airgid na n-íocóirí cánach"...The health system goes from crisis to crisis, like a destructive monster that's devouring the tax-payers' money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Eh this might be a stuoid questions, but you knoiw th equestion on An Triail if that doesnt suit could I use An Triail for the question on 'Drama Roghnach?

Katerrrs wrote: »
    "Téann an córas sláinte sa tír seo ó ghéarchéim go géarchéim cosúil le ollpheist millteach atá ag alpadh airgid na n-íocóirí cánach"...The health system goes from crisis to crisis, like a destructive monster that's devouring the tax-payers' money.

Haha, Love it!
    Any more? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

I don't know if anyone uses the book "Fiúntas 2" but there's a nice essay in that about health in ireland and the second half of it focuses on the health system.

22diamonds wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone uses the book "Fiúntas 2" but there's a nice essay in that about health in ireland and the second half of it focuses on the health system.

Unfortunately I don't have it and I'm unable to go to a shop today. Home alone D: Do you mind posting some interesting lines/phrases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Knuffel

barcoe4 wrote: »
    As predicated by one of the countries top Irish teachers(in Dublin's Institute of Education, ) for L.c (H).

Is that Diarmuid or Clare?

Knuffel wrote: »
    Is that Diarmuid or Clare?

Clare, what a ledgend, she was on TV the other day giving tips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Knuffel

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Clare, what a ledgend, she was on TV the other day giving tips!

No way, Diarmuid is the king! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

Unfortunately I don't have it and I'm unable to go to a shop today. Home alone D: Do you mind posting some interesting lines/phrases?

Meant to say Fiúntas 1, anyways here's a few phrases i have copied from the book from before. I'll dig out the book later and post some more.

Is fearr an tsláinte ná na táinte - health is better than wealth
    liostaí feithimh - waiting lists
    fochultúr and óil - subculture of drink
    árachas sláinte - health insurance
    tá an fadhb ag crá agus and créimeadh na tíre - the problem is tormenting the country.
    in am an gháthair - in time of need
    oibritheoirí sláinte - health workers
    cloistear scéalta scanrúla - scandelous stories are heard
    an bhfuil and córas leighis againne ábalta deighleáil leis an ngéarchéim? - is our health system able to deal with the crisis?
    fágtha ina luí ar thralaithe i bpasáistí ospidéil - left lying on trollies in hospital corridors.
    na haonaid tionóisce agus ghéarphráinne ag cur thar maoil le druncaerí and andúiligh - the A&E overflowing with drunks and addicts.
    ag dul ó smacht - going out of control
    ag tuar fhadhbanna móra sláinte - predicting big health problems
    ganntanas altraí - lack of nurses

hope that helps!

Knuffel wrote: »
    No way, Diarmuid is the king! :cool:

I never had diarmuid so I wouldn't know!;)

Advertisement