Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

caught drink driving what to do now?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

DesF wrote: »
    Do you moderate AH?

I fully expect and accept a ban by the way.
    I'm not sure of the AH reference.
    To avoid being seen as being biased, I'm not going to moderate the comments.
    You shouldn't be near a fúcking car.
    Exactly why? Because I don't see a problem with the speedometer needle passing the posted speed limit occasionally? I'm not suggesting that we drive past schools like we are Michael Schumacher. I merely pointed out that driving on our safer roads above the speed limit is not necessarily going to cause an incident despite the propoganda we have been fed for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

KBannon how can you justify regularly speeding?
    Do you think the limits are there for the craic?
    Do you have ANY idea the difference to braking time that an extra 30/40kmph makes ?

If you're going 100kmph on a national road and have a blowout, chances are you might manage to get it under control and pullover in time.
    If you're going 130/140 you'll kill yourself and possibly innocent people.
    Cop on. Great example for a mod of motors to be setting

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Des you're going to get banned, but fair play to you lad.
    Everybody was thinking it, but nobody came out and said it.
    The antagonist here is certainly a complete and utter twát (look at their recent posts to see). And should not be allowed near a car, I'd agree with that.
    I made a comment a while back. For some reason, nobody really found issue with until today whereby they seem to have lost the plot. As for being an antagonist, I am being defensive, not antagonising!

Anyhow, I'm standing back now as this is going nowhere.
    The admins might want to reconsider his moderating position in motors, but thats another thread for another forum.

o/
    By all means, let them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

kbannon wrote: »
    I'm not sure of the AH reference.
    To avoid being seen as being biased, I'm not going to moderate the comments.

You really are as thick as you make yourself out to be

How can you moderate a thread in After Hours, you clown.

kbannon wrote: »
    Exactly why? Because I don't see a problem with the speedometer needle passing the posted speed limit occasionally? I'm not suggesting that we drive past schools like we are Michael Schumacher. I merely pointed out that driving on our safer roads above the speed limit is not necessarily going to cause an incident despite the propoganda we have been fed for years.

Blahdy blah..

You break the law, you put people's lives at risk

You are a fúckwit who shouldn't be anywhere near a car, the roads, or a motoring forum on the internet for that matter.

Cúnt.

Keep reporting them posts by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I often drive double the speed limit - (100kph on some roads with kids out playing) - but im such a good driver that my brakes work better than everyone elses. So if a child runs out in front of me, fear not... Im a fantastic driver. And the time a guys wheel exploded in front of me on the motorway and we were both doing 160kph, no problem, I served him with a load of skillz, and avoided a collision. Sorry if im coming off as high and mighty here... but i do have a full licence... so dont worry.
    [/Sarcasm]

kbannon, cant believe youve got such an attitude as a learning to drive mod.

oh and lol @ fúckmonkey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Obeying the speed limits doesn't make you safe and breaking them isn't necessarily a danger.

It all depends on the roads, the conditions such as weather and traffic.

You can do 100KM/h down a country lane in half this country. Imagine how fast you'd crash if you did yet you'd be driving legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

DesF banned.

You really are as thick as you make yourself out to be

How can you moderate a thread in After Hours, you clown.
    With several tabs open, I had thought that this was in the LTD forum!

Dudess wrote: »
    DesF banned.

harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

pvt.joker wrote: »
    harsh
    Lawl. Damn the lack of thanks. :D

• Advertisement

brim4brim wrote: »
    Obeying the speed limits doesn't make you safe and breaking them isn't necessarily a danger.

It all depends on the roads, the conditions such as weather and traffic.

You can do 100KM/h down a country lane in half this country. Imagine how fast you'd crash if you did yet you'd be driving legally.
    At last, someone who can see the wood for the trees!

Such abuse is utterly indefensible - I'm truly taken aback by it.

In KBannon's defence, sometimes it's very difficult not to exceed the speed limits on dual carriageways/motorways (and ONLY dual carriageways/motorways) - especially when some idiot is sodomising your car in order to get you to speed up. Anyone who drives regularly on dual carriageways/motorways will surely understand/agree.

However the drunk driving you did (sometimes "polluted") - my god, can't believe you admitted it...

Speeding!
    Just look at any main commuter route in the mornings & evenings, the majority of motorists are going faster than the stated limits. On these routes the majority of accidents are caused by bad driving, just that going faster makes a bigger mess.

Exceeding the prescribed limit by a few kmh's doesn't make it dangerous!
    Overtaking in the wrong place etc causes crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭seandugg

Hopefully you will see the wood from the trees properly before your car gets wrapped around one

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

harsh

+1 DesF was right to give out.

That kbannon or whatever shouldnt be a mod in learning to drive either. Its daft hes off his head 150KM on the motorway speaks for itself really no justification for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

The admins might want to reconsider his moderating position in motors, but thats another thread for another forum.

well I have started a feedback thread in relation to his position as Mod of Learning to drive anyway
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055327424

good work. If he had an ounce of respect for boards, he'd resign as moderator of both forums after his admittance here.

+1 DesF was right to give out.

That kbannon or whatever shouldnt be a mod in learning to drive either. Its daft hes off his head 150KM on the motorway speaks for itself really no justification for that.

Reread his post, he never said that he did 150kmh on the motorway while pissed.
    Not all speeding equals dangerous driving!
    As for drink driving, as I have said on here before, I did this plenty of times while I was young and invincible; 99% of the time on rural roads and in some situations I was absolutely polluted. I think the main reason I was never in an accident was because I very rarely met oncoming traffic or other hazards. That was dangerous of me.
    However I still believe that exceeding the speed limit in many of my situations (especially dual carriageway & motorway) does not necessarily post a safety risk.

He admits to driving while drunk. stupid thing to do but he is (I believe a bit older than most of you) and in the 1980's & earlier there was not the stigma attached to DD as there is now. Ask your parants what it was like back then, you'll be shocked at what used to happen on the roads.

Speeding is a separate issue!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I have to say I'm with kb on this one.

There are a lot of people throwing stones here who have obviously never borken the law even a teeny bit in their whole life.

I'll even admit to driving home after a few pints back in the day, when it was still socially acceptable to do so (I don't anymore).

The people whinging and crying today about not being able to drive unaccompanied are the same people who will get the response kb just did in 10 years time.

Get over it folks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

In KBannon's defence, sometimes it's very difficult not to exceed the speed limits on dual carriageways/motorways (and ONLY dual carriageways/motorways) -

i have never exceed the speed limit on a motor way or a dual carriageway. i have had muppets trying to force me to break the limit, flashing, beeping, tailgating etc.

I cant believe a mod of learning to drive is here basically telling people its okay to break the speed limited.

I just hope to god, he doesnt kill some poor kid the next time he is speed

shame you and shame on boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

good work. If he had an ounce of respect for boards, he'd resign as moderator of both forums after his admittance here.
    Never a truer word spoken. Disgraceful behaviour all in all. And the fact that's he's defending speeding. Jaysus....

stevec wrote: »
    I have to say I'm with kb on this one.

There are a lot of people throwing stones here who have obviously never borken the law even a teeny bit in their whole life.

I'll even admit to driving home after a few pints back in the day, when it was still socially acceptable to do so (I don't anymore).

The people whinging and crying today about not being able to drive unaccompanied are the same people who will get the response kb just did in 10 years time.

Get over it folks.

This is definitely a generation issue, many of over a certain age remember when it was OK to have a few before driving home, these days it's totally unacceptible and rightly so.

In a 1930's "guide to driving"* it even suggested that it was a good idea to have a couple before tackling the roush hour traffic home :eek:

*must find it & link it here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

irishbird wrote: »
    i have never exceed the speed limit on a motor way or a dual carriageway. i have had muppets trying to force me to break the limit, flashing, beeping, tailgating etc.

Well you're obviously breaking the law by hogging the right lane then - shame on you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

stevec wrote: »
    Well you're obviously breaking the law by hogging the right lane then - shame on you.

i never drive in the right lane, i dont feel comfortable over there

I cant believe a mod of learning to drive is here basically telling people its okay to break the speed limited.

I just hope to god, he doesnt kill some poor kid the next time he is speed

shame you and shame on boards
    There have been times where I've actually had to take my foot off the accelerator completely in order to stop myself from going slightly over the speed limit. I drive a 1.2 litre - now imagine how difficult it is for the driver of a 2 litre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

This is what's so wrong with Irish driving. The laws are their for a reason. If you can't stay under the limits with your 2 litre, then buy a smaller one ffs. Everyone has a responsibility.

i never drive in the right lane, i dont feel comfortable over there

So you're saying that people beep and flash you and try and force you to break the speed limit in the left lane :confused::confused::confused:

pfft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In KBannon's defence, sometimes it's very difficult not to exceed the speed limits on dual carriageways/motorways (and ONLY dual carriageways/motorways) - especially when some idiot is sodomising your car in order to get you to speed up. Anyone who drives regularly on dual carriageways/motorways will surely understand/agree.
    Not really. You're his problem, he is not yours. If he wants to speed up let him overtake, or get used to being behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

There have been times where I've actually had to take my foot off the accelerator completely in order to stop myself from going slightly over the speed limit. I drive a 1.2 litre - now imagine how difficult it is for the driver of a 2 litre.

so it's the car that kills people when they speed and not the drivers, cause they are ok cause they didn't know how powerful their car was:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

There's another pedal right next to the accelerator. It's called the brake. It's slows the car down when you apply pressure to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement