Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portugal v Turkey (Euros Group A)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No and they will still have trouble, they have not got the same abilities defensively as other teams and even though I have them in the sweep in work, I still reckon they will get beaten by a more organised team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

So disappointed in Nihat, he is a quality quality striker and was basically anonymous... He could still be the main star for this Turkish side though... Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't think Portugal are up to much. They got the job done but they don't come across like a tournament heavyweight. The Croatians and the Germans won't be too fearful of facing them in the next round. I think they'll struggle against either of those two.

Seriosly? I have them down as one of the clear favourites. They'll ease through their group without a doubt, then after that, they have Croatia, a team that has been ruthlessly hyped by the English media so they can feel better about themselves. Without Eduardo, Croatia aren't as dangerous. Then they have two tough matches against Germany and someone else (hopefully Italy) but they have the squad to do it.

Good keeper in Ricardo, not spectacular but good. Great central defence in Carvalho and Pepe. 3 quality right backs although not much on the left. Good holding midfielders in Veloso and Moutinho, the best wingers that any team have had in years, Europe's top goalscorer in Ronaldo and two decent target men for the wigers to aim at in Almeida and Gomes. Given their easy rout to the semis I think anybody would be a fool to discount them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Just looking back at the 1st half freekick from Ronaldo that hit the bar, GK made a fantastic save to knock it on to the woodwork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Trilla wrote: »
    Just looking back at the 1st half freekick from Ronaldo that hit the bar, GK made a fantastic save to knock it on to the woodwork
    He certainly did. I had to watch three different replays before I realised he had touched it at all, the camera angle from behind the goal to the keeper's left clearly shows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It was an exciting game.

Advertisement