Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Essay Predictions

Options
  • 07-06-2008 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Right here are mine/my teachers/my friends best french essay predictions

Pollution - it's effects and what's to be done
    Polictics - does it interest you/the youth, is it important
    Olympics - use of drugs in the olypmics
    Drugs - it's use in sport
    Obesity - it's implications, what's to be done
    Alcohol - always so general so who knows

As for the comprehensions, selogene royal, that french mime who died, the smoking ban, sarkozy, ediath pintoff....!! anything really

So those are mine kinda:P

What're yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Pretty much what ya have there I'm gonna have a look at apart from politics... no notes on that!:eek:

Oh, and the environment (pollution etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

The Importance of Language: Its like national year of languages so maybe something about that.

AIDS: Possibility? Maybe a the journalistic passage will be about this.

Secularism: In french schools v.topical, the wearing of religious symbols.

Deffo hoping for les JO, le dopage, and l'environnement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Pretty much what ya have there I'm gonna have a look at apart from politics... no notes on that!:eek:

Oh, and the environment (pollution etc.)

j'ai parle avec un ami qui me dit que selon lui, voter servait a rien - i was speaking with a freind recently who told that voting serves nothing

voter est un droit - voting is a right

c'est aussi un devoir du tout citoyen - it's also a right of every citizen

then go on to say that u voted in the elections last year or you'll vote for the lisbon treaty, and don't take those down blindsighted if anyone does they might be spelt wrong

Ah, french is too easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

the day of the french exam is the day the ice age ended so id prepare phrases on that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    j'ai parle avec un ami qui me dit que selon lui, voter servait a rien - i was speaking with a freind recently who told that voting serves nothing

voter est un droit - voting is a right

c'est aussi un devoir du tout citoyen - it's also a right of every citizen

then go on to say that u voted in the elections last year or you'll vote for the lisbon treaty, and don't take those down blindsighted if anyone does they might be spelt wrong

Un devoir is a DUTY!

Sert a rien - worth nothing

Spelt wrong or wrongly spelt?

Heinrich wrote: »
    Un devoir is a DUTY!

i realise that devoir means a duty:)it was a typo mistake on my part

and no i'm right on that bit:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

« sert à rien » actually. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bcat

starkinter wrote: »
    « sert à rien » actually. :pac:
    shouldn't there be a "ne" in front of sert????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bcat

Right here are mine/my teachers/my friends best french essay predictions

Pollution - it's effects and what's to be done
    Polictics - does it interest you/the youth, is it important
    Olympics - use of drugs in the olypmics
    Drugs - it's use in sport
    Obesity - it's implications, what's to be done
    Alcohol - always so general so who knows

As for the comprehensions, selogene royal, that french mime who died, the smoking ban, sarkozy, ediath pintoff....!! anything really

So those are mine kinda:P

What're yours?

Sorry to be a pedant, but "its" in the case of your post does not contain an apostrophe... "It is" - shortened to "it's" contains an apostrophe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It's so hard to predict. I swear they just draw them from a French themed hat :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

God your all so b**chy about it! LOVE THE LANGUAGE :D:D Don't hate ganstahsssssssss.

I got an A2 in my pre's but I'm terrified I'm gonna go down in the real thing :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

So I suppose it is best to just use general/filler phrases with correct french?

How do you say?

___ is very addicting and corrupts people's minds
    (drugs, computer games, food, money, drink, even sport)

See what I mean?

What else can be said?
    lovechem wrote:
    What she/he said
    That is why my dear, I only got a C3. I can only (hopefully) improve! (unless the tape sucks)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

lovechem wrote: »
    God your all so b**chy about it! LOVE THE LANGUAGE :D:D Don't hate ganstahsssssssss.

I got an A2 in my pre's but I'm terrified I'm gonna go down in the real thing :eek:

You have the oral and aural, you'll be grand! I'm hoping to pull my grade up. I think I got a C2. I know I did better in my French oral than my OL Irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

bcat wrote: »
    shouldn't there be a "ne" in front of sert????????

Yeah, there should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 prawn

This year is the European year of intercultural dialogue promoting language and you could get in diversity tolerance racism in Ireland etc check out the european commission website @ http://www.interculturaldialogue2008.eu/ you can change it into french too (top right hand corner) then on the left hand navigational thing click the "A propos de l'annee europeene" gives a good paragraph..

so they could get a good question out of that, as one of the pictures/ stimulus optional questions Q.4?? this is just purely guessing though... you could use that stuff for loads of essays

Sorry to be a pedant, but "its" in the case of your post does not contain an apostrophe... "It is" - shortened to "it's" contains an apostrophe.

1 - Troll
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Heinrich wrote: »
    Un devoir is a DUTY!

ne sevrait a rien
    except with an accent (sideways fada \) over the a
    sorted
    and if anyone disagrees go talk to my PhD in translations French teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

As for the comprehensions, selogene royal, that french mime who died, the smoking ban, sarkozy, <b>ediath pintoff</b>....!! anything really

do you mean edith piaf?
    my teacher thinks shes coming up in a comprehension maybe as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Rosstafarian

The funniest thing about it is you're wrong. It's is perfectly correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

The funniest thing about it is you're wrong. It's is perfectly correct.

*cough* No it isn't *cough*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Twee. wrote: »
    I know I did better in my French oral than my OL Irish one.

...that's a bit depressing really. Good for you though, my French oral was horrific! :P

Hoping for Environment, Drugs and...I dunno, some form of easy diary would be nice. It's gonna be painful regardless what comes up. I really couldn't care less about French tomorrow, which is sad...but y'know, you're before History you don't really stand a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Peslo

However it he had of said, Pollution's, or Politics', that would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Rosstafarian

muffinman wrote: »
    *cough* No it isn't *cough*

My sincere apologies, I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

what the hell does all this have to do with french?

Peleus wrote: »
    what the hell does all this have to do with french?

none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I'm So Bad At French Anyway But With Hist Tommow Too It Doesn't Stand A Chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

we have to write an essay? :eek: news to me. My french teacher is an absolute joke. People like him should NOT be teachers, does it for the money imho. My two brothers had the same guy, very nice man dont get me wrong, but thats not going to get me points in my leaving. Prefers to play the guitar than take our honours leaving certificate french classes at times. :mad:

cul-2008 wrote: »
    we have to write an essay? :eek: news to me. My french teacher is an absolute joke. People like him should NOT be teachers, does it for the money imho. My two brothers had the same guy, very nice man dont get me wrong, but thats not going to get me points in my leaving. Prefers to play the guitar than take our honours leaving certificate french classes at times. :mad:

omfg
    i feel so sorry for you:(
    QUICK GO LEARN ESSAYS NOWWWWWWWWWWW

i'm going studying now...
    I NEED this C1 in french or else i'm ****ed for college and i'm gonna have to repeat it. which is shameful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thetowerslegend

its defo gonna be something on the olympics and/or drugs cause last few years anything sporty was on there was a mention of it in someway!also lok at diary cause our teacher was certain they were coming up.....:Dso she better be right or else!!!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Boink08

Does anyone else find the French tape ridiculously difficult? I'm far from a weak French student but I just find they tend to mumble and speak so fast it makes it so hard to hear the answers. Some of the vocabulary on it can be very tricky too. I'm worried that part of the exam will drag me down :(

Advertisement