Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Essay Predictions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

Boink08 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the French tape ridiculously difficult? I'm far from a weak French student but I just find they tend to mumble and speak so fast it makes it so hard to hear the answers. Some of the vocabulary on it can be very tricky too. I'm worried that part of the exam will drag me down :(

Ye I find it really hard as well and i'd say i'm alright at french. We hardly did any listening in school, we focused on the opinion questions and the oral. I failed the listening in my mock which brought my grade down and I ended up with only a C3. I'm not looking forward to the listening tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭The LeavyC

yeah i hate the listening too, it always brings me down.
    There aren't enough past papers to be doing new ones, whenever i do past listening tapes i know the answers already, and have read the transcript so its not very good practice. Then i hear new ones and i start thinking I'm hearing completely different stuff to whats being said.

Also, I heard that crime is apparently an essay title to watch out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oooohhhh....I am not prepared AT ALL compared to you lot. I hope it's like the mocks, if I understand the statements this time and I'll be away with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

also lok at diary cause our teacher was certain they were coming up.....:Dso she better be right or else!!!!!!:mad:

When has a journal intime not come up? I thought it was a given..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭The LeavyC

yeah me too.

• Advertisement

Apparently question 1 will have an essay on a happy, sad or scary experience in your life as one of the options. Then a Journal Intime as question 2. Then 3 and 4 are the essay topics listed at the start of this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Where'd you hear that?

My french teacher said it, she's been talking to A LOT of other French teachers and they all think that's how the paper will turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Coolies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

I hope they throw up something so abstract that everyon will be given basic attempt marks for doing it, that's my plan: do the hardest questions terribly, I'll get more marks (probably) than if I do the easy marks terribly.

And I hope a letter comes up:- 6 marks for the layout!!! 20% in the bag! :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement