Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

broken electric window

Options
  • 07-06-2008 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,
    new here. have a question.
    boyf was out in car this morning and had electric front passenger window all the way down. when i took car out i found too much of a breeze so pressed the button to get it back up again and heard a crunch (like broken glass) and no sign of window coming back up. how the hell does a window just break like that?!
    it's now inside the door and i'm gonna have to tape a black bag over it and hope to christ it's not robbed tonight.:o
    and any idea how much this is gonna cost to repair? :confused:it's a seat leon stella.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

get your fella to take off the door card trim and have a look inside the door it might of just jumped off the track could be an easy fix,it might of sounded bad but more than likely the window didnt break.

let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.
    The window regulator cable snapped. Sounded horrible but I wouldn't think your window broke.
    The scrapping sound you heard was most likely just the frayed wires scrapping the inside of the door.

If you want a stop gap solution... take of the door trim and lift the window and jam a piece of wood into the door to keep the window up.

The bad news is... I couldn't just get a replacement cable, I had to get the full regulator and it cost €130.

my car is a VW Passat which wouldn't be all that different to a SEAT.

Advertisement