Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with private number calls.

• 07-06-2008 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hey all,

Right, basically I received a phonecall today from a private number, which was pretty abusive. It's nothing worth alarming the guards about, and I cant get through to vodafone customer care until tomorrow morning. I was just wondering, is there any way of finding out the number of a private number who called you? It's pretty important to me.
    I'm with Vodafone, would they have it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭smartypants

to answer you first question, yes they will have it.

to answer your second question, no they will not give it to you, unless the gards submit an enquiry to the fraud dept in Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

If it's something to worry about, contact the Gardai. Don't ring 999 on it lol, but pop into the local station, or ring the station number if you have it. They can find out almost straight away what number it was with a couple of phone calls, and may even question the caller. However, they probably won't be pleased if it wasn't serious :rolleyes:

I think the malicious calls bureau is only for Eircom calls, but I'm not sure. It's a while since I heard about it. If it isn't, they can sort it too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Awh really? Damn it anyway.

If I asked the guards to get it for me, does anyone know (maybe from personal experience) whether they'd have to ring up the person? I'm really just trying to find a way of getting this number, finding out who it was, then dealing with it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's not going to happen. Think about it you're asking the gards to give you someones details so you can potentially break their legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭annon123

i had a similar problem a few years ago. basically the person pretended to be an ex of mine and pretended that they were going to kill themselves. needless to say i was in a panic when i went to phone my ex and didnt get thru to him. anyway long story short was v upset about this cal so decided to go to guards to get the persons no. the only problem with this is you have to fill in a detailed statement and they have to send it off to the phone company. you dont get the no instantly. id recommend recording the times and dates of any more unwanted calls for reference. hope you got it sorted!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement