Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted. Canvassers For Lisbon Who Are Not Afraid Of Dogs

Options
  • 07-06-2008 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

Where are the canvassers? With a week or so to go I have seen none of them around North Sligo so far.
    Hard to blame them really though when you think about it. Especially the FF or Green representatives.
    Imagine having to face the wrath of the Sligo people after their support for the non retention of the cancer services at Sligo General.
    If they have the nerve to turn up at my door, they won't stay too long as I will set my dog on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Same here, just leaflets, they don't want to actually talk about it with the voters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Jabby wrote: »
    Where are the canvassers? With a week or so to go I have seen none of them around North Sligo so far.
    Hard to blame them really though when you think about it. Especially the FF or Green representatives.
    Imagine having to face the wrath of the Sligo people after their support for the non retention of the cancer services at Sligo General.
    If they have the nerve to turn up at my door, they won't stay too long as I will set my dog on them.

On second thoughts, He would probably refuse as he's not really a big 'chicken leg' fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Jabby wrote: »
    On second thoughts, He would probably refuse as he's not really a big 'chicken leg' fan.

Wrong thread? Ahh.. I see what you did there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Not a peep from my street. No one sellin down here.
    Lisbon, its as confusing as keeping track of sueme's avatars and sig's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

None here either.
    But they would get a big FAT “ NO “ here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Haven't seen anyone canvassing around my area either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

don't think there's been anyone by our house either.

Maybe they're not sending canvassers out, even in the whole of Ireland? Maybe the government assumed (again) that we'd all blindly vote yes because they half-heartedly told us to? (See: Nice Treaty)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

have been leafletting and postering myself all over the whole town.the reaction from people has been extremely positive[im with the 'no' side btw]...jimmy devins canvassed in o'connell st. about 2 weeks back...from someone who saw him do it,people were reacting angrily to him and he was out for less than a half hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That's not surprising, considering the hospital fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

There was a big canvass in Tullamore yesterday, at the Offaly-Westmeath match.
    Biffo and Mary O'Rourke were there along with various locals. Sharp contrast with Sligo!
    There is a poster with Jimmy Devins picture on it at the outskirts of Sligo Town,urging "Yes", probably the only place he dares to show his face. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement