Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlegrange, Castaheany, D15

Options
  • 07-06-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Am taking steps re buying a new apt and was looking at one in Castlegrange, Castaheany. Was just wondering if anyone on Boards lives there or knows what kind of area this is? I am moving in the hope that I can find a nicer area to live in so I'd really appreciate an honest answer if anyone has any views?
    Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

Nice area. Quiet. 3 bed apartments in Latchford phase across the road sold for as high as 415,000 and are now selling for 299,000 in Castlegrange phase! Check out www.neighbours.ie for more info on area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Viper99

Anyone reckon the current prices in castlegrange represent good value? Looks like they have dropped their prices compared to this time last year. Does anyone know if these units are selling??

I'm wary of buying if there is a further big drop in the market. I'm trying to balance this view with the fact that I need a home and if I plan to live there for a very long time then another drop in the property value will not mean
    anything in the long run. Any thoughts?

very poor transport service to city centre, major issues with the schools.

http://bap.ie/dloads/intercultural_education_report.pdf

If you intend staying there a long time, well worth taking time to read the attached.

Cheers for the info, will check out the PDF later. Your point is that there will be problems with conjestion in schools with a lot of non-nationals in the area?

Looks like the train station is about a 20/25 min walk away. What's the average commute by bus to the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Elphaba wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Am taking steps re buying a new apt and was looking at one in Castlegrange, Castaheany. Was just wondering if anyone on Boards lives there or knows what kind of area this is? I am moving in the hope that I can find a nicer area to live in so I'd really appreciate an honest answer if anyone has any views?
    Thanks a lot

i'll sell you a three bed in Meakstown that's only 20 minutes on the bus to town for only 305k!:)

• Advertisement

Three bed house or apartment?!

Viper99 wrote: »
    Cheers for the info, will check out the PDF later. Your point is that there will be problems with conjestion in schools with a lot of non-nationals in the area?

Looks like the train station is about a 20/25 min walk away. What's the average commute by bus to the city?

I would say the lack of resources is the main issue, read the document and make your own mind up.
    Can take an hour+ to access city centre, still you could pick up a 3 bed semi in clonee for less than 300k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Viper99 wrote: »
    Three bed house or apartment?!

Large 3 bed duplex. 114sq metres. 3 years old, extra storage space, just painted.

You interested?:D

I can direct you to photos etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nerak1984

Viper im in your position can you update me if you make a move..I mean the end Terrace house is 355,000 and down the road in Hansfield a three bed is 299. I was hoping to make and offer and just sit and see if they jump??

Prices are going to continue to drop. If you can get a developer to accept a bid now of what the house will be worth in a years time could be a good move as we could be looking at another drop of 20%. I wouldn't be offering anything near the asking price.

3 bed house in Adamstown is down from 410 to 355, it's still well overpriced. When it drops to 300 I'm interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 nerak1984

Viper, made an offer about 2 weeks ago on the end terrace..made an offer of 300,000 instead of the 355,000 and the women said no way so they can screw off...i heard down the pipe line that the developer has borrowed millions and could be on the way out...i mean if the developer went and borrowed millions and now there not selling i hate to think of what interest they owe.

Adamstown would not be my first choice i dont know why but i dont really like it.

have you decided what your going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Hi all,

sorry to be rooting up this thread, but I am currently looking at a duplex in this area, wondering if anyone is currently living in one? Also, any ideas on management fees, and if the houses have flooring?

thanks
    sarah

Advertisement