Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Maths Paper 2 - Predictions

Options
  • 07-06-2008 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I'm doubting Q1 will be easy this year again, maybe a gfc equation . . .

What theorems should we learn / forget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I think that the perp. distance formula is due a twirl, maybe also proving one of the trig functions for compound angles (like Sin (A+B)). Possible, they might ask that circle theorem in Q1 (equation of a tangent to a circle at a point). Well, possibly, they could ask anything, I suppose...;)

I'm not sure though...does the lack of proofs on paper one mean that paper two will be full of them, or have is it a general trend this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

kaki wrote: »
    does the lack of proofs on paper one mean that paper two will be full of them, or have is it a general trend this year?

I think it's irrelevant really, I mean a few thought that there would be NO proof's this year!

No harm in learning the what, 6 off I suppose? I mean, you'd have to do more for other subjects in terms of learn-off. My problem is in the rapid revision book - Q4/5 has the potential to be a right bitch with the 100's of possible proof's!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Yeah, although I don't mind trigonometric ones as much, because you can't really learn them, just work through them on the day.

I dislike the perpendicular distance one. Just because it's so long, and easy to get lost halfway through. But, meh. You're right, 6 proofs isn't a big ask.

Advertisement