Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam papers!!!

Options
  • 08-06-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

hi im just wondering what happens if you wrote on your exam paper, like in geo i wrote out a few tings on the page about the rhine so id remember them and i wrote out some othello quotes beside the question!!!???:o is there any penalty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

i wrote loads on mine :pac: don't worry about it, theres worse things you could do!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PuddinBum

It does say in the rules not to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

PuddinBum wrote: »
    It does say in the rules not to do it!

oh well :cool:

i'll know for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ShogunWarrior

Yes in the rules it says not to write on the booklet, the exception being to highlight key words/mark questions etc. which is what I and most people do I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

:confused: We've been taking our papers with us this week, they never told us we have to give them back...? I just hand up writing paper at the end and take the actual exam paper with me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

You're allowd take them with you patrick, its just in Geography you answer the short questions in the question booklet.

I wrote loads on my geo question paper. They're not going to take marks of us for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

They say you shouldn't do it, but during English I asked the supervisor for an extra sheet of paper so I could plan my essays and write notes on the poems and quotes and stuff on it(I don't like putting it in the booklet beacause then I have to keep flicking over and back) and she got kinda huffy with me, and didn't want to let me have the extra sheet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

We've been taking ours too, unless you leave earlyof course? And i never knew it said ya couldnt? Whats the big deal about that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

You dont put your exam number on it so you're allowed take it with you. Our supervisor tells us to take them with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

why can't you take the paper with you when you leave early???? a guy left my english exam early, and the supervisors started ****ting it that she left him go with the paper, and she ran out and got an attendant to run around the school to find him and return the paper!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I Wrote So Much On My English Paper One Could Barely See The Questions Underneath..

Just Got It And Wrote Every Single Thing In My Head..

Bye Bye 45 minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

moonflower wrote: »
    They say you shouldn't do it, but during English I asked the supervisor for an extra sheet of paper so I could plan my essays and write notes on the poems and quotes and stuff on it(I don't like putting it in the booklet beacause then I have to keep flicking over and back) and she got kinda huffy with me, and didn't want to let me have the extra sheet!

From the General Candidate Information:
    A candidate

1. Shall not write on the examination paper (except where answers are to be written on part of the examination paper itself e.g. in Mathematics) or I.D. card or Mathematics Tables or on any of the mathematical instruments brought with him/her; except where a candidate uses a highlighter pen or underlining as an aid to interpreting the question paper.
    2. Shall not write in his/her answer book anything that is not directly connected with the subject matter of the questions to be answered,
    3. Shall not remove from the answer books any leaf or part of a leaf,
    4. Shall not take out, or attempt to take out, of the examination hall, any answer books, whether used or unused,

You are entitled to paper for rough work. Your supervisor will stamp it with the centre number and you must hand it up with your script when the exam is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    why can't you take the paper with you when you leave early???? a guy left my english exam early, and the supervisors started ****ting it that she left him go with the paper, and she ran out and got an attendant to run around the school to find him and return the paper!!

To protect the integrity of the exam.

Advertisement