Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instinct survival

• 08-06-2008 2:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭

you awaken in a the middle of o'connell street , its lunchtime on a friday evening.its hot and humid.You are with your girlfriend who is hysterical.you have nothing except the clothes on your back. no family/friends/weapons nor hope.Everyone else is now a zombie.you are frightened and disinorientated.you are both very hungry.....your first instinctive thought is to run..where do you go?...everywhere you see is zombieland..there are no easy exits or hiding places..you are not thinking straight..you want to keep moving....you know theres somewhere safe but it is not near here....Every yard feels like a mile.your panicking/paranoid/frenzied....what is your instincitve route to take?.your mission is to surrive and find a safe haven for 24 hours....go!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

sxt wrote: »
    you awaken in stephens green, its evening in winter.its dark and cold.you have nothing except the clothes on your back. no family/friends/weapons nor hope.Everyone else is now a zombie.you are alone and frightened.you are disinorientated.a lil bit hungry.....your first instinctive thought is to run.....where do you go?what route do you take?.your mission is to surrive and find a safe haven for 24 hours....go!

24 hours? Up a tree. Zombies not known for their climbing.

Obviously not a long term solution. Otherwise, there a bleeding shopping mall within sprinting distance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

okay okay.let me edit this one time;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Well hysterical gf's are never a help. I say it's time to break it off in a pretty unambiguous way and shove her through a plate glass window, slowing the horde as they stop to feed and providing access to one of the buildings.

Up the stairs, throwing whatever you can find behind the doors to try stop the Z's from chomping down on you, on to the roof....and from there to god knows where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well if you are so hungry just go to mc donalds . the zombies in there are so used to human contact that they pose little threat. then i believe there is a networrk of tunnels beneath oconnnell street that you can access from the basement of some of the shops. friend of mine worked in champion which i think now is schuh and said there was a way in from there. so i suppose get into them and keep going. they are bound to lead somewhere but there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Straight to Jervis, where you can get plenty of food, then back down to near the Jervis luas stop, where i saw a shop that had some sharp looking swords yesterday, then back up to cycleworld (or whatever the bike shop is called) near cineworld to get some transportation, then cycle to the harbour and steal a small yaght. Easy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd prob head up Marlboro street, there's never anyone there so there'd be no zombies. Then I'd hit the dart line for the same reason, maybe even try to get a vehicle running.

Actually, I'd head into clery's on Connell st, as a shopping centre, but i know thats not what the op wants to hear. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The cinema...hardly ever anyone in the cinema during the day.
    Projection room is the best bet.
    Food...hotdogs...not popcorn too salty for the long stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Lord knows why I would be in Dublin but I'd say I'd be almost screwed cuz I don't know the place particulary well.

My 1st and only option would be to leg it to the Liffey and jump in (If I have time I'll rip the safety donut off the stand and take it with me to keep me afloat!). Unless the zombies where coming thick and fast I'd trip up my G/F and let the undead feast on her as so to give me time to get away, she'd want it that way (Puts the whole "she'd die for me" thing to the test!). I'd probably swim to the docks and hope someone on a boat will see me or I'll swim out to the beach and keep to the coast as I wander around looking for a safehaven. (Keeping a low-profile, of course!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

sxt wrote: »
    you awaken in a the middle of o'connell street , its lunchtime on a friday evening.its hot and humid.You are with your girlfriend who is hysterical.you have nothing except the clothes on your back. no family/friends/weapons nor hope.Everyone else is now a zombie.you are frightened and disinorientated.you are both very hungry.....your first instinctive thought is to run..where do you go?...everywhere you see is zombieland..there are no easy exits or hiding places..you are not thinking straight..you want to keep moving....you know theres somewhere safe but it is not near here....Every yard feels like a mile.your panicking/paranoid/frenzied....what is your instincitve route to take?.your mission is to surrive and find a safe haven for 24 hours....go!

Straight to the GPO. There would be a few garda zombies so I could get some protection and some weapons. Go inside and close the huge doors and lock them. Then deal with the zombies inside. Throw the zombie corpses out of the up stairs windows. You could jump from roof to roof to the shops on either side if you really needed food. Thus, I would live.
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    Lord knows why I would be in Dublin but I'd say I'd be almost screwed cuz I don't know the place particulary well.

My 1st and only option would be to leg it to the Liffey and jump in (If I have time I'll rip the safety donut off the stand and take it with me to keep me afloat!). Unless the zombies where coming thick and fast I'd trip up my G/F and let the undead feast on her as so to give me time to get away, she'd want it that way (Puts the whole "she'd die for me" thing to the test!). I'd probably swim to the docks and hope someone on a boat will see me or I'll swim out to the beach and keep to the coast as I wander around looking for a safehaven. (Keeping a low-profile, of course!)

Unless you have a boat stay out of the water. Zombies do not breath and the liffey is shallow but murkey. There could be loads in there and you would not see them until they are eating you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Duggy747 wrote: »

Jaysus, never mind the zombie infection, if you go in there you'll have a lot more to deal with :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, there's bound to be a car somebody abandoned and left running. Get in and plough your way through everyone, zombie or not. If you hit a traffic jam I'll have no choice but to leg it through the backalleys and backgardens, hopefully the zombies will be more occupied with the meals that are running around the street trying to escape.

Anywho, I'd probably deserve to die for being up in Dublin in the 1st place, I do not like the place :(

Advertisement