Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 or vodafone or three

Options
  • 08-06-2008 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭

i am goin to get one one of these mobile broadbands tomorrow!!which is the best??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Did you completely miss the 287 page sticky on how useless 3 are? Avoid 3. Avoid 3. Avoid 3. Avoid 3. Avoid 3. Avoid 3. Avoid 3. Avoid 3. Avoid 3.
    Now that thats out of the way :p, generally most people consider O2 the best, they have a better cap and if you go out of Hspda coverage you will often get edge speeds of about 300k, which is pretty usable.

Vodafones cap is smaller and if you go out of Hspda coverage you only get Gprs (dialup speeds), There is still plenty of happy Vodafone customers, including myself. So they not too bad an option.

Neither are bad options if you NEED mobility, I can't emphasize the fact that they are designed for mobility enough. With any of the mobile products you are going to have less speed, reliability,cap and higher latency than the equivalent fixed product, so please don't get one of these then complain when it doesn't work like dsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Go for O2 first.
    They have a 30 day money back offer at the moment, so you can see if you're happy with the speeds in your area.

If not good - try Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I have o2 at home .
    Much better than dialup
    Try o2 before vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Jesus avoid 3 like the plague..has made me want to punch things with frustration.....slightly better than dialup:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what are they like for watching videos on youtube?good/bad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Say you wanna watch a music video on youtube, 3-4 mins long, you might as well go away, boil the kettle, have a cup of tea and a sandwich cos it'll take about 5 minutes (usually much longer) for the video to download fully so you can play it back uninterrupted....again, unlike dialup, at least you can actually watch a video online, but you need the patience of a vicar :mad:

Advertisement