Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't sleep

Options
  • 08-06-2008 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Going through a stressful break up at the moment and I am finding it really hard to sleep. I have been prescribed sleeping tablets but I don't like taking them as I'm afraid I will become dependent. Are there any herbal solutions that actually work or are they all a cod? I have been taking kalms and rescue remedy but I don't notice any difference.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

warm milk helps, probably alot more than any of the herbal nonsense.. unless you smoke it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I am somewhat the same as OP, not pleasant at all it is not :(

Im just end up sitting chatting to boardsies till all hours till i fall asleep in my chair exhaused. I never found any of that herbal stuff worked and I didnt ever want to go near sleeping tablets :/

I guess she's ok now \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Guess again.:rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

And what's wrong with spending all night talking to boardsies, hmmmm? :p
    Hope you succeed in passing out soon, though! ^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 coffield3

Boo!!

Kazuma wrote: »
    And what's wrong with spending all night talking to boardsies, hmmmm? :p
    Hope you succeed in passing out soon, though! ^^

Nothing except that I'm going to be knackered in the morn. I give up I'll just take one of the evil sleeping tablets for tonight.:o

coffield3 wrote: »
    Boo!!

Shouting does not help Susie sleep:mad::p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Good luck getting to sleep then!
    You'll most likely be fine with them, ex gf of mine had to take them too, was turning a bit barmy with nightmares and stuff o.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 coffield3

Sorry, I thought maybe if I try a scare tactic....hold on thats for hiccups lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dead__Meat

I was given a prescribtion for sleepingg tablets Friday, and have been sleeping like a log since

i was giving sleeping tablets after my laser eye surgery.. best three nights sleep of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Unfortunatly you can't get any sleeping tablets over the counter in Ireland AFAIK.

If anybody is across the water - Nytol one a night is good. From what i've been told they are soon to be made available here soon.

For those of you in the states. Tylenol PM are your man. You can buy them in bulk (120) and i find that 3 will help you drift off nicely. I think you can get them over the internet too.

if anyone is in Spain. Dormadina are very good. just one and you're off.

I know this probably wont help the op but just thought you all would like to know my experiences.....

Advertisement