Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band without the instruments, worth it?

Options
  • 08-06-2008 6:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

I just dont have room for the drum kit and I dont think my neighbours/housemate would appreciate me banging away on them.

So would it be worth my while picking up the RB game? I have GH2/3 and the wifi guitar works with RB right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wireless guitars from GH2/GH3 work perfectly well with RB.

The game is easier than GH3, so if you've mastered Expert in GH3, you'll breeze through this.

The song list in RB is the best out of the 4 games so far.

You can pick up RB in Argos for €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I've not gotten to medium yet :(

As much as I suck at it, I just play it for the tracks. I had a look over the RB track listing and was impressed. I like the sound of most of the dlc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorted! You'll love it so (and you'll get alot of challenge out of it)
    The DLC is dangerous - there are over 120 songs out at the moment. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Sorted! You'll love it so (and you'll get alot of challenge out of it)
    Grand job. I have quite a bit of gaming to catch up on this coming weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

If you just have the guitar you can sing and gee-tar (verb for guitaring???) at the same time when you really know the songs. Hard but funnn. :D Also aside from the space issue you can get the mufflers for the drums - I would't try it without. So annoying when my sister was playing upstairs with all doors closed while the footie was on :mad:

• Advertisement

Didn't know you could get mufflers...nice one.

Picked up the game yday anyway, guitar is easier than GH anyway from the bit I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Here's a link to a review of one of the mufflers:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47272

He did a comparitive review as well but since he concluded these were the quietest... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Mr E wrote: »

131 as of now and increasing by 3+ a week. (every tue night)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just wondering lads, I have the Guitar Hero 3 guitar for the Xbox 360 and I am just wondering can I buy a drum kit and the game and use the guitar? I remember hearing that it wouldn't work as their were some arguments. If it does work do I need to hook it up to live? Unforunatly I haven't got internet on my xbox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Just wondering lads, I have the Guitar Hero 3 guitar for the Xbox 360 and I am just wondering can I buy a drum kit and the game and use the guitar? I remember hearing that it wouldn't work as their were some arguments. If it does work do I need to hook it up to live? Unforunatly I haven't got internet on my xbox :(

Yes you can. Basically for the 360, the wired guitar for GHII, and the wireless guitar for GHIII will work with Rock band, it's the Rock band guitar that won't work with the Guitar Hero games.

You don't need to hook up to the internet, although you'll be missing out on the downloadable tracks. Worst comes to the worst though, you can swap out the hard disk on a friends 360 and download the tracks in their place, provided you're the one paying for it ;)

Hope this helps,
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Thanks alot VR, just what I wanted to hear :D.

Advertisement