Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding ticket

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Clare_Guy wrote: »
    Riiiight! :rolleyes:

Oh look at that trying to be a smart-ass!
    Clare_Guy wrote:
    if they check (which they can't) what will they find?

an uninsured motorist? well that's the uninsured motorists problem, not your's...

It might actually work, trying to be a samrt ass that is, if you weren't trying to point out what other people think compared to you thinking that it's not the owner's fault if some else is driving they're car uninsured!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Stekelly wrote: »
    It really isnt criminal. Both sides of the Naas Rd have pedestrian crossings on them. Over the years I have seen loads of people sailing through the red lights (and I dont use the road that often) at the pedestrian crossings either just not caring or while not seeingthe lights.

So the problem is not speeding then, it's people not driving with due care and attention and breaking red lights as a result. Speeding fines are not going to stop this from happening.
    Stekelly wrote: »
    Theres been a fair few acidents aswell.
    What kind of accidents? Were they caused by speeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So the problem is not speeding then, it's people not driving with due care and attention and breaking red lights as a result. Speeding fines are not going to stop this from happening.

What kind of accidents? Were they caused by speeding?

The kind of accidents where pedestrians get hit by cars. I'm sure if it's you that gets hit you'd be praying the guy is going as slow as possible.

Theres multiple sets of lights withing yards of each other, keeping the traffic at a sensible speed is a good thing. Either way, wit the amount of light on the road, theres no need for traffic to be moving very fast, plus , inbound it changes down to one lane at Kylemore.

Anyway, even if the speed limit is 20, I really dotn see peoples problem with getting caught.A bit of observation and you wil know the speed limit of whatever road your on. I'll hold my hands up to speeding, but I know I'm doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

However that particular stretch of the Naas road is perfectly safer for 80-100 kph.
    Maybe your're not aware of all the circumstances that led to the limit being set? You're risking the safety of others and your license because you think you know it all?
    If pedestrians need to cross 6 lanes of traffic and a Luas line, I think the resources would be better spent on a foot bridge.
    Not everyone is able to climb a footbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

OP I've gotten off a speeding ticket where the signage was in poor shape, went from 60 - 50 but the signage was covered by leaves. Got stopped by a garda hiding behind a wall, said i was doing 58 in a 50 zone, i said i didnt even know it was a 50 zone. Blah blah blah .. road traffic act, fine in the post etc.

Went back and had a look, took some pictures, went to his garda station a week later and showed them to the sergeant, he said it had already been processed so to just leave it go and it would be struck out.

The leaves were cut back on the signage the next day too !

I dont think its fair to assume everyone will know what the speed limit is, this attitude of "Oh well ingorance is no defence" then whats the point in having advertised speed limits in the first place, if you should just "know" what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

kmart6 wrote: »
    Can be dis-qualified I think depending on the circumstances!

you don't know what you're talking about.
    Oh look at that trying to be a smart-ass!!

trying to show you don't know what you're talking about.
    It might actually work, trying to be a samrt ass that is, if you weren't trying to point out what other people think compared to you thinking that it's not the owner's fault if some else is driving they're car uninsured!

em... hello!... we're not actually talking about a real person... it's a hypothetical person for purposes of avoiding points! read the OP and my replies... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

em... hello!... we're not actually talking about a real person... it's a hypothetical person for purposes of avoiding points! read the OP and my replies... :rolleyes:

and you read mine
    peasant wrote: »
    No more hints at how to cheat the system, please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

No more hints at how to cheat the system, please

Yes, if you want to cheat the system get a solicitor, their the best at it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Maybe you're not aware of all the circumstances that led to the limit being set? You're risking the safety of others and your license because you think you know it all?

Not everyone is able to climb a footbridge.

Of course your a correct i give up, you win, well done. I think I will go out now and campaign for escalators to be installed at all foot bridges.

...Dear Noel Dempsey............

and you read mine

what are you on about?

have i giving any more "hints" since you posted? No.

Try moderating fairly and not taking sides... :mad:

• Advertisement

what are you on about?

have i giving any more "hints" since you posted? No.

Try moderating fairly and not taking sides... :mad:

You're perfectly right of course, you added nothing new ...instead you just repeated your "advice" to lie to the authorities and to make up a ficticious (or real) foreign driver to take the blame and wriggle out of a speeding ticket.

That's illegal and not good advice at all, I could have banned you for that straight away.

Now, just get the message, if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

I think I will go out now and campaign for escalators to be installed at all foot bridges.
    Good man, but it would be cheaper to have lower speed limits and better enforcement. Can't have footbridges (with or without escalators) everywhere, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Good man, but it would be cheaper to have lower speed limits and better enforcement. Can't have footbridges (with or without escalators) everywhere, you know.

No more comments from me...I am off for a drive instead:D

Clare_Guy wrote:
    you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh yeah that's rich considering you think it's not the owner of a car's fault if they let someone drive it un-insured!

Clare_Guy wrote:

Where did I say we're talking about a real person?!...point it out to me please! You telling me to read your replies and just confirm what a stupid point you were tryin to make was pointless!

Oh yeah that's rich considering you think it's not the owner of a car's fault if they let someone drive it un-insured!

Dude seriously! when/where did i say i thought it wasn't the owners fault? Read my posts and look-up "hypothetical"!
    Where did I say we're talking about a real person?!...point it out to me please! You telling me to read your replies and just confirm what a stupid point you were tryin to make was pointless!

The only point i made was, someone could nominate someone else to accept responsibility for the offence! Some other "genius" brought up insurance and i pointed out that there is NO law against allowing someone else to drive your car! Insurance is the drivers responsibility NOT the car owners. That's why if YOU rent or borrow a car, it's up to YOU to organise insurance!

Now as to knowingly allowing an uninsured or unqualified person to drive your car (and this is the first time in this thread i've given my opinion on this) i think it's stupid and irresponsible.

You really need to read posts and not jump into the middle of a thread and THINK you know what you're talking about!

Dude seriously! when/where did i say i thought it wasn't the owners fault?

Ehh here.....
    an uninsured motorist? well that's the uninsured motorists problem, not your's...

Now as to knowingly allowing an uninsured or unqualified person to drive your car (and this is the first time in this thread i've given my opinion on this) i think it's stupid and irresponsible.

Is it.....?!

Think that show's you've talked bout it before!
    You really need to read posts and not jump into the middle of a thread and THINK you know what you're talking about!

Oh would you ever shut it,I posted 51 minutes after your first post in this thread, so how is that jumping into the middle of it?! Maybe you should be the one reading over posts before you make a show of yourself!

Where is my handbags picture when I need it?:D

closed ...take it to the thunderdome you two

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement