Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of my first hachlings of the year.

Options
  • 08-06-2008 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

My first clutch of the year is out,some stunning little corns.:D

A golddust
    HPIM1895.jpg
    and an ultramel
    HPIM1885.jpg
    From this male serpenco golddust corn.

HPIM1790.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I have a snake with similar colours to the golddust. How long does it take for the snake to reach its adult colours? The snake I have is a yearling and is currently the same colour as your hatchling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

Demonique wrote: »
    I have a snake with similar colours to the golddust. How long does it take for the snake to reach its adult colours? The snake I have is a yearling and is currently the same colour as your hatchling

Are it's eye's ruby red mate,with a very large pupil?
    Here is my adult golddust as a yearling.
    HPIM1149.jpg

His eye is a more reddish colour than the eye of a normal corn, a reddish brown colour as opposed to a brown eye

His eye is a more reddish colour than the eye of a normal corn, a reddish brown colour as opposed to a brown eye

It could well be an ultramel caramel,what was it sold
    to you as?

I didn't buy it, I bred it. Dad was sold to be as a candycane, but he could be a creamsicle, Mammy looks like a Oketee without the black bands surrounding her saddles

It was the only non-amel in the clutch

• Advertisement

I didn't buy it, I bred it. Dad was sold to be as a candycane, but he could be a creamsicle, Mammy looks like a Oketee without the black bands surrounding her saddles

It was the only non-amel in the clutch

Any pic's of the adults mate,how many was there in the clutch?

8 hatchlings out of about 15 eggs. Reptile Haven got two b/c they sold me the female when she was ovulating instead of breeding her to one of their own. The two they took eventually died. Three (good feeders to boot!) escaped on me, 1 bad feeder died. The hatchling in question was the first to feed for me, he's a good size for a ten month old now. The last baby started out as a good feeder (ate other babies food as well as its own) but after a few weeks turned into a bad feeder.

I'll see if I can find pics of the adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Q: If I buy a snake, is it possible to let it loose in the house for a while every day?

Following on from that, if a snake were to be let loose, would it eat the gigantic spiders that seem to call my house "home" lately?

8 hatchlings out of about 15 eggs. Reptile Haven got two b/c they sold me the female when she was ovulating instead of breeding her to one of their own. The two they took eventually died. Three (good feeders to boot!) escaped on me, 1 bad feeder died. The hatchling in question was the first to feed for me, he's a good size for a ten month old now. The last baby started out as a good feeder (ate other babies food as well as its own) but after a few weeks turned into a bad feeder.

I'll see if I can find pics of the adults.

Sorry mate I know we are way off topic but how was it eating the other
    babys food?
    Them pic's would be good.

For the first few days they were housed together. I put defrosted pinkies in, one for each snake, it latche on to a pink immediately, swallowed and then grabbed another, I gently detached it from the pink and put it in a small box on its own. A few hours later, some of the babies hadn't fed so I offered it a leftover pink, it was more than happy to oblige.

• Advertisement
Advertisement