Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless all in one printer/ scanner

Options
  • 08-06-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all.

Just a quick question.

Have wireless network in house. 4 users.

Thinking off getting wireless all in one printer/scanner.

Not too sure on the wireless scanner front.

How can you restrict what computer to send it to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bgsmyth

Any responses likely ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Don't know about using a scanner wirelessly. Never heard of such a thing. Wouldn't image performance would be that great over wi-fi. Best thing might be to get a copy of the user manual for the model you're looking at and see if there's anything to enable you to apply those sort of restrictions. I'm guessing the PC requesting the scan would be the one to receive it; not any other client on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dark_prince

I have a Brother all-in-one (fax, copy, scan, print wirelessly) setup in a different room. Don't know about other all-in-one copiers, however when I setup the brother you had to manually setup the network connections, however on my desktop pc I had to add brother controlcenter3 which has the 845cw copier picked up on the wireless lan.

Everytime I scan something on the copier, it gives me the option to scan:
    to email, to ocr, to file, to image. It then shows me the devices selected to my network and which one to send to.

Once selected (file for example and my desktop), I go to desktop and accept the file. The other devices attached to the network don't receive it.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

As dark_prince said , assuming the printer/scanner is already set up on the network you should have the option on the device's control panel to scan to ocr/file/computer, etc when you select Scan Mode . You specify there the name of the computer you want to send the scanned file to .

These devices generally have memory so I'd suggest checking the manual to see if recent jobs can be recalled and if so , how to delete them from the history .

Advertisement