Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some pix as stuff blooms (feel free to add shots)

Options
  • 08-06-2008 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

flowers023.jpg

flowersandbee017.jpg

flowers2008.jpg

flowers2007.jpg

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

One from my garden a few weeks ago: link /edit: Firefox is draining the colours out of it big time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:eek: Frightening! What is it?

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.

I don't actually know, it was put in by a gardener ages ago. It's beautifully vibrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Lovely stuff there Mike. I'll have to get my camera out and get a few.

Keevy, I'm not sure if we're seeing what your seeing? It looks a bit Jurassic Park from the pic!

I've a honeysuckle that I spent an hour tying up yesterday, it should be good for a pic in a couple of weeks. Roses are cracking right now though.

Cheers, my honeysuckle is expanding skywards/outwards so fast you can watch it grow. The flowers should be spectacular when they let loose.

flowers021.jpg

flowers.jpg

Mike.

• Advertisement

Cheers, my honeysuckle is expanding skywards/outwards so fast you can watch it grow. The flowers should be spectacular when they let loose.

flowers021.jpg

Mike.

Gorgeous Mike. Just goes to show the difference in weather in Ireland, I'm in Sligo and I won't see that type of display for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Mike.

Thats a Mahonia, fabulous shrub, scented yellow flowers late Winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

great pics guys, cant find my camera, lots of stuff blooming in particular wild iris. Mike where did you get the honeysuckle and how long has it been planted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Mike - are you sure that's a Honeysuckle, looks more like Pyracantha to me. An easy sign would be 2" narrow spikes almost needle like. It ain't no honey and boy it sure can prick:D

Thats not a honeysuckle its on the otherside of the shed! It was planted years before I arrived.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Mike - are you sure that's a Honeysuckle, looks more like Pyracantha to me. An easy sign would be 2" narrow spikes almost needle like. It ain't no honey and boy it sure can prick:D

After seeing Mikes Honeysuckle, I had to google image my own :o, yup mine is indeed a honeysuckle. Whether Mikes is honeysuckle or not though, its gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Yep that's a Pyracantha ~ I have the same one that looks just like that at the moment! If I remember rightly it goes to orange berries in the autumn?

That Mahonia is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sean_K wrote: »
    One from my garden a few weeks ago: link /edit: Firefox is draining the colours out of it big time though.

Mahonia berries are apparently edible in some varieties - sour tasting, they sweeten after the first cold snap of autumn - it is easy to spot when they are sweet - the birds will snarf the lot in days.

Minder wrote: »
    Mahonia berries are apparently edible in some varieties - sour tasting, they sweeten after the first cold snap of autumn - it is easy to spot when they are sweet - the birds will snarf the lot in days.

hmmm...don't know whether to risk it or not;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Some of my current favourites........

p6130001fv1.jpg

p6130002mb4.jpg

p6130003lg9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sean_K wrote: »
    hmmm...don't know whether to risk it or not;)

I tried them, I have a couple of Mahonia in the garden, they are full of berries - which should have told me something about the taste - they were very sour, and the powdery blush on the skin is unpalatable. If they were any good the birds and squirrels would have made short work of them.

Quick question about the honeysuckle, I've just been pulling the "deadish" parts off the bud, is this correct, or should I snip the lot off, bud and all?

Garden002.jpg

Garden001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

flowers021.jpg

flowers.jpg

Mike.

This is fabulous Mike. Pyracantha blossom it looks like..

The summer garden in one shot.

flowersinrain-1.jpg

Mike

• Advertisement
Advertisement