Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too many polling cards

Options
  • 08-06-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

heading home wednesday night so i can vote thursday morning, before heading back to work, 70 mile round trip, but more cards have been sent to the house than there is people available to vote, ie, some of us have receieved more than one card

now i know from reading similar posts around the time of the general election of people getting more than one card to one address, either their name being spelt differently in one compared to the other, or one including their middle name and the other not,

but considering you are only allowed to vote once, and you have to present ID when you go to the polling office, and i must stress, that this thread is not sugesting that people use their extra card to vote more than once, as this is ilegal, but if this is a trend that happens alover the country, there would never be a 100% vote, as these extra cards, surly would reflect an abstained vote, how much of an impact would this have on the final out come, and surly the goverment and the electral registar are aware of this and can reslove this or is it up to us (those who receive more than one card) to point it out to them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The electrorial registrar is a joke. 10-20% out of whack even after the "clean-up" I'd guess. My sister got her card - she has no right to vote in the referendum and I'm not on the register if you belive the website.

Mike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I got 2 to the same address which I don't think has happened before. Just checked the website and one of the numbers is correct but the other isn't there.

If any of this information is incorrect, please contact 01 8905992 or email genpurp@fingalcoco.ie

Reassuring...

Advertisement