Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

98FM Re-brand?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dave 2008

Holy, Mother of God.

That's the first time I 've seen that advert....it's a f-ing disaster. As the posters above state....is it promoting a marathon, tootpaste or cheap dab radio's down in aldi?

As Alan Surger would say....whoever thought this pile of poo up...YOUR FIRED!

Looks like what was a half decent station (apart from the cheese in the morning with the three bimbos) has had a self induced breakdown and is now a shadow of its former self. Shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

in my car the RDS is on the same screen as the mileage, fuel economy etc.

Every time i see "98" i think it means i only have 98 km left in the tank.

The ad is pretty bad, and whats the story with your woman in the bad bra jogging along Sandymount Strand?

I was never much of a listener anyway, i've made a point of tuning in since the re-brand, i think its worse now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bum Boy

I see from their website that Declan Pierce will be doing weekdays 9pm until 1am

Noticed Declan P doing drive this past week so who's been doing Declan P I wonder as I didn't catch it.......? ? ? But I'd certainly put a smile on their face !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Badabing wrote: »
    Hopefully a re think for their breakfast show drop siobhan for a start all she does is laugh at your mans lame jokes or anything he says.

But she hooks people up looking for a jant on the LUAS / DART & Dublin Bus ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So they have removed FM from their name, wow. They are the frist FM service to remove the FM tag as they are now on Digital.

Anyway I like the new look but the ad on the TV and elsewhere is dreadful. Perhaps they should have renamed it Muppet's 98.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Thread merged with the other re-brand thread.

Just wondering about their place on DAB are the placed at number 98?

Or is 98 just as dead as FM?

Both questions may already have been answered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

I did wonder previously why they dropped FM and not 98.

If it was to do with now being on DAB etc. and not just FM, then what does 98 refer to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

More Music wrote: »
    then what does 98 refer to?

98 refers to the year they last updated their playlist.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

So we are a couple of months into the re-brand.. opinions?

I am waiting for them to be re-branded as CCD Radio 1, CommuniCorp Dublin R1

Advertisement